When a team has an off day during a pennant race in September, the key is to find something to do that’s relaxing and perhaps a bit inspiring.
Archive for Walt Disney World
With over 8,500 performances to date, La Nouba™ by Cirque du Soleil® has been a Disney Springs™ staple for nearly twenty years. Since its inception in late 1998, the show has welcomed many new acts; the most recent additions include a duo of comedic clowns followed by a troupe of world-famous break dancers and a real-life couple skilled in the rarely-seen art of aerial bamboo. La Nouba has been seen by over 10 million Walt Disney World® Resort Guests and will continue to dazzle audiences with its breathtaking blend of daring acrobatics and dazzling choreography through 2017, with a final performance scheduled to take place on Dec. 31, 2017.
Every corner of Disney Springs is wrapped and ready for the season with holiday décor and special entertainment, making it the most wonderful place to shop. From top name-brands to cozy one-of-a kind retailers and, of course, all things Disney, there’s something for everyone. Busy shoppers can also take a break and enjoy a quick snack on the go or an unforgettable meal at one of Disney Springs many talked-about restaurants.
Here’s a sampling of what’s new:
- NEW! An Even Bigger Christmas Tree Trail – To capture the spirit of the season, Marketplace guests can stroll among custom decorated holiday trees, each dedicated to a popular Disney theme. This year, the Christmas Tree Trail will expand to include ten new trees inspired by Disney classics such as Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Snow White and Dumbo.
- Santa’s Chalet – Santa Claus is accepting Christmas wish lists and welcoming guests to his chalet newly located by the Christmas Tree Trail through Dec. 24.
- Stitch’s Holiday Gift Hunt – The mischievous experiment 626 returns to Disney Springs with an expanded scavenger hunt now featuring four new stops, including a special stop at the expanded Christmas Tree Trail.
Holidays Around the World is transforming into the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays from Nov. 9-Dec. 30, surrounding guests once again in the wondrous sights, sounds and flavors of the season.
- NEW! Holiday Kitchens – The number of holiday kitchens doubles in size this year to a total of 15, each bringing the flavors of the season to life. New this year, guests can indulge in cookies and desserts at the holiday kitchen located inside the Odyssey complex. Sweet treats include snowflake sugar cookies and a warm apple fritter with cinnamon ice cream and caramel sauce. Over at the Canada pavilion, dazzling delicacies like the Maple Buche de Noel (maple mousse rolled in gingerbread chiffon cake with cranberry sauce and pecan crumble) celebrate holiday traditions from the Great White North.
- NEW! Chip & Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree – Chip and Dale are collecting ornaments for their Christmas tree. Guests can purchase a map and stickers from select merchandise locations and travel around World Showcase looking for the famous chipmunks with their ornaments. Guests can return their completed maps for a festive surprise, courtesy of Chip and Dale. Maps are available for $5.99 plus tax.
- NEW! Candlelight Processional Narrators – One of the most popular Epcot traditions returns with new celebrity narrators in 2017. Pat Sajak, Matt Bomer and CCH Pounder will join the lineup of returning favorites like Neil Patrick Harris, Whoopi Goldberg and Jaci Velasquez. The Candlelight Processional is a retelling of the Christmas story as told by a celebrity narrator accompanied by 50-piece orchestra and a mass choir. The show takes place at the America Gardens Theatre each evening at 5:00 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. Nov. 24-Dec. 30. Candlelight dinner packages can be reserved by visiting com/holiday.
- NEW! Holiday Entertainment – Enjoy the sights and sounds of the nations of World Showcase, as each country’s holiday heritage comes to life amid joyful music and time-honored traditions. Guests will discover an entertaining celebration of Hanukkah in a new location along World Showcase promenade, where a fun and interactive band interweaves the music of Hanukkah with jazz, Latin, rock and even hip-hop influences. Other returning holiday favorites include JOYFUL! A Gospel Celebration of the Season and Canadian Holiday Voyageurs.
- Fireworks Finale – The nightly fireworks display, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, will feature a special holiday ending.
- A Frozen Holiday Wish – Behold an enchanting performance to melt a frozen heart. Royal sisters Anna and Elsa lead a celebration on the Castle Forecourt Stage nightly Nov. 9-Dec. 31. Featuring special appearances by rugged mountain man Kristoff and lovable snowman Olaf, this merry-and-bright seasonal show culminates in Queen Elsa using her incredible powers to present a gift to everyone in the kingdom – transforming Cinderella Castle into a glimmering, shimmering ice palace for the holidays.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – It’s a Christmas party like no other, with joyous music, a shimmering Cinderella Castle, characters in their festive finery and the Magic Kingdom decked out and made even more magical for merry-making guests of all ages. Each specially ticketed, limited-attendance event features an exclusive performance of Holiday Wishes fireworks and the earliest performances of other spectaculars like Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, the Frozen Holiday Wish castle-lighting ceremony and Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration stage show. The special party – complete with cookies, cocoa and snow flurries – begins at 7 p.m., after regular park hours. Parties will be held on November 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 26 and 28, and December 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21 and 22.
For more information and to purchase tickets for this after-hours party, visit DisneyWorld.com/Christmasparty.
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade – This enchanting holiday pageant sings and dances its way through the Magic Kingdom park daily Dec. 23-Dec 31. It also makes a special appearance at each Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Brimming with magic and cheer, the parade features Santa Claus, gingerbread men, elves, reindeer, toy soldiers and other friends from the North Pole. They all join Mickey and friends – including Arendelle favorites Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf – in an over-the-top celebration of the season.
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration – From Dec 23-Dec. 31, Mickey and Minnie take to Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage where they host some of their Disney friends for an unforgettable Christmas soiree filled with classic and contemporary holiday songs. Magical holiday projections on Cinderella Castle build to a sensational, snowy finale. Performances are also featured during each Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
Walt Disney Presents, a re-imagined version of the One Man’s Dream attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, officially opens its doors to offer a new look at the past, present and future of Disney Parks.
One of the exciting pieces of the “future” that Walt Disney Presents showcases is a model of the park’s Toy Story Land expansion, which will be on display for your Clients to view starting today.
The Toy Story Land expansion, which will open in Summer 2018, will shrink guests to the size of a toy and allow them to explore all the fun of Andy’s backyard, which as you can see in these images, has been delightfully filled with familiar toys and sights from the “Toy Story” films.
You can also see some of the charming detail our Imagineers have created for this new land and its two major attractions – Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers.
The Slinky Dog Dash attraction will be a family coaster themed as if Andy used his Mega Coaster Play Kit to build the ultimate coaster for Slinky. The land’s other major attraction, Alien Swirling Saucers, has been designed as a toy play set that Andy got from Pizza Planet, in which Aliens are flying around in their toy flying saucers and trying to capture guests’ rocket toy vehicles with “The Claw.”
But the Toy Story Land model isn’t the only exciting draw to Walt Disney Presents. Tracing Disney history from Walt Disney’s beginning sketches, photos and storyboards, the attraction celebrates milestones in Disney film and theme park history up through today and beyond. Expect to see models, maquettes, sketches, artist renderings, a portion of the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge model, concept art for the new Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction and more.
Walt Disney Presents will also continue to host greetings with characters like Star-Lord and baby Groot, plus special sneak previews of upcoming Disney films.
The holiday season returns to the Walt Disney World® Resort on Nov. 9, 2017 with must-see new magic and beloved traditions. Guests will discover countless ways to make memories together as they get wrapped up in everything from delightful décor and enchanting events to festive entertainment, sensational shopping and more.
This year, Holidays Around the World is transforming into the Epcot® International Festival of the Holidays. Starting earlier than ever on Nov. 19, 2017 the festival includes fifteen Holiday Marketplaces, a new scavenger hunt, fresh and returning entertainment celebrating the holidays of cultures across the globe and more. The beloved Candlelight Processional returns again this year Nov. 24 – Dec. 30, 2017 with new narrators like Matthew Bomer, CCH Pounder and Pat Sajak. Candlelight Dining packages are available again this year for Clients who wish to enjoy a delicious meal and priority seating at one of the shows.
Guests can get wrapped up in a Flurry of Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® Nov. 9 – Dec. 31, 2017 with the return of the nighttime favorite Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! and new holiday happenings around the park. Guests can also catch the new Sunset Seasons Greetings where they can see Mickey, Minnie, Buzz, Woody, Olaf and more as they celebrate the season sharing stories, songs and holiday jubilee. Plus, there will be larger-than-life Christmas ornaments floating all along Echo Lake.
Don’t forget, guests can revel in tasty treats, a holiday parade and fireworks, plus Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration stage show at Magic Kingdom® Park during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party**.
During the holidays at Disney Springs®, guests can find everything they need to fill their wish lists (and tummies). It’s the perfect place to bask in the joy of the season and discover unique shopping, festive décor, live entertainment and even a visit with Santa.
A flurry of fun will greet Guests visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios this holiday season. Festivities will include an immersive new nighttime experience that wraps all of Sunset Boulevard in holiday magic with jolly decorations, merry treats and beloved characters sharing their love for the holidays.
It’s all part of the holiday happenings that will take place Nov. 9 to Dec. 31. Guests will also enjoy returning seasonal fun throughout the park, including the popular “Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam!” nighttime projection and fireworks show and special holiday meals and dessert parties. Of course, Santa will be there too!
- NEW! Sunset Seasons Greetings – This new holiday experience features spectacular projections of Mickey, Minnie and other beloved Disney characters sharing their favorite Christmas stories as a snowy Sunset Boulevard twinkles with stunning holiday decorations. Holiday magic brings billboards to life and transforms the famous Hollywood Tower Hotel into scenes of the season – a giant pile of Christmas gifts, a gingerbread house and a frozen winter wonderland! A frosty summer-loving snowman might even make an appearance to share his holiday wish! This fantastic and heartwarming experience runs continuously throughout the night.
- NEW! Enhanced holiday décor around Echo Lake – Extra-large ornaments, colorful garlands and a giant Christmas tree centered on the water will make Echo Lake the merriest of places this holiday season. Even Dinosaur Gertie will be dressed for the occasion with a dino-sized Santa hat.
- “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” Returns – The hit holiday show returns Nov. 9 sending beloved Disney animated characters on a spirited yuletide adventure to get Santa back to the North Pole in time for Christmas Eve. “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” combines state-of-the-art projections, fireworks, special effects and Christmas music to create a dazzling, one-of-a-kind holiday experience for guests – capped by a special message from Santa himself.
- “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” Dessert Party – Guests can wrap up their jolly holiday evenings with reserved viewing of the “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” nighttime spectacular. The nightly party includes holiday-inspired snacks, delicious desserts, wine, beer, and specialty alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. A surprise Disney character will also join the fun, posing for pictures and signing autographs. This fun-filled special event is offered Nov. 9-Dec. 30, 2017. Book online at com/dining or call (407) WDW-DINE.
- A new friend joins the cast of ‘For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration’ – Holiday fun continues at the Hyperion Theater as Anna, Elsa and Kristoff welcome Olaf to this popular sing-along celebration. Just for the holidays, the show will include, all-new songs from Disney’s new animated short “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure.”
- Minnie’s Holiday Dine at Hollywood and Vine – Meet Minnie, Mickey, Daisy, Donald and Goofy for lunch and dinner celebrations centered on seasonal deliciousness. From Nov. 6-Jan. 7, the mouse-with-the-mostest will deck the halls for a banquet filled with holiday cheer and the joy of the season! To make a reservation, check availability and book online at com/dining or call (407) WDW-DINE.
- Santa Claus returns to the Once Upon a Time shop Nov. 9-Dec. 24 – The beautiful and vintage setting of the Once Upon a Time shop recalls bygone days of Santa’s visits to great department stores across the country. Santa will be at the shop daily to greet guests and listen to holiday wishes. Santa Goofy will step in Dec. 25-Dec. 31 after Old Saint Nick returns to the North Pole.
Last year, the Disney After Hours ticketed event nights debuted at Magic Kingdom® Park and delighted Guests with quick access to some of the park’s most popular attractions and character greetings. We’re happy to share today that Disney After Hours events will return for select dates in January, February and March 2018.
If you’re new to Disney After Hours, an event night is limited to a small number of Guests, allowing guests to maximize their time in the park with little to no wait at 25 attractions and experiences, like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid, Space Mountain and many more. The Disney After Hours ticket allows park entry as early as 7 p.m., which gives guests time to enjoy the park’s nightly “Happily Ever After” fireworks, and then remain in the park until 11 p.m. and some nights to 12 a.m.
Disney After Hours event nights are currently set for Jan. 19, 26, and 30, Feb. 8 and 15, March 1 and 8, 2018. (Please note that Disney After Hours does not replace Extra Magic Hours (EMH) for our resort Guests and are instead held on non-EMH dates.)
Only a limited number of tickets are available for each night, so be sure to purchase tickets for your Clients today by calling the Disney Reservation Center at 407-827-7185. The advance ticket price is $119 per adult or child (tax not included).
The “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” show during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park features the mischievous Sanderson Sisters from Disney’s Hocus Pocus, who throw an evil Halloween party with appearances by Dr. Facilier, Oogie Boogie, Maleficent and other great Disney villains, along with dancers, projections and special effects. Walt Disney World Resort is located in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. (Mariah Wild, photographer)