This summer will bring a transformed land to Disney California Adventure® Park with Pixar Pier, featuring the Incredicoaster – a new experience featuring characters from “The Incredibles.” A super combination of character figures, lighting and special effects will bring the action to life as the Parr family races alongside you in an attempt to catch baby Jack-Jack! In the video below, the Imagineers creating this experience tell you more about the Incredicoaster story and how they approach storytelling on a high-speed attraction. Guests can experience the Incredicoaster this summer at Disney California Adventure Park!
Archive for Disneyland
The Incredibles Join the High-Speed Action When Incredicoaster This Summer at Disney California Adventure
Disney California Adventure® Food & Wine Festival will return March 2-April 12, 2018, bringing delicious cuisine, specialty beverages and exciting entertainment to Disneyland® Resort Guests for its third season. The culinary festival will expand to six weeks, with more days for Guests to enjoy the flavors of the Golden State.
The festival’s signature events will include new experiences such as the Disney Family of Wines Dinner, as well as returning favorites like Sweet Sundays and the Winemaker or Brewmaster Dinners. Another guest-favorite returning to the festival is the Junior Chef experience, with hands-on fun led by Chef Goofy, for children ages 3 to 11.
Stay tuned for more information about the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival, returning March 2-April 12, 2018!
Additional fees required for the signature events and certain seminars. Separate admission to Disney California Adventure Park is required and is not included with the cost of such events. Space is limited for all ticketed events; advance reservations are recommended. Guests must be 21 years of age or over to consume alcohol and to participate in some events; valid photo ID required. Events and demonstrations are subject to restrictions and change or cancellation without notice.
Pixar Play Parade returns April 13, 2018 to the Disneyland® Resort – this time, at Disneyland Park! Part of the limited-time Pixar Fest celebration, this delightful parade will bring even more favorite Pixar stories to life with the addition of three new story elements.
Also joining the parade are characters from the beloved film, “Up.” Wilderness Explorer Russell will appear astride the colorful flightless bird, Kevin, with Carl Fredricksen and Dug following behind amid green foliage and snipe chicks, with Carl’s tethered house floating above.
Another popular Pixar story coming to Pixar Play Parade is “Inside Out.” Perched atop colorful memory orbs, Joy and Sadness take flight aboard Bing Bong’s rocket wagon, with Bing Bong himself cheering them on!
Be sure you don’t miss these new story elements and the return of Pixar Play Parade, beginning April 13, 2018 at Disneyland Park.
Early next year, Super Hero fans will explore the isolated and technologically advanced kingdom of Wakanda when “Black Panther” opens in theaters February 16, 2018. And for a limited time, Disney California Adventure® Park Guests will have the opportunity to encounter the king of Wakanda himself, Black Panther.
“Black Panther” follows T’Challa who, after the death of his father, the King of Wakanda, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation to succeed to the throne and take his rightful place as king. But when a powerful old enemy reappears, T’Challa’s mettle as king — and Black Panther — is tested when he is drawn into a formidable conflict that puts the fate of Wakanda and the entire world at risk. Faced with treachery and danger, the young king must rally his allies and release the full power of Black Panther to defeat his foes and secure the safety of his people and their way of life.
Stay tuned for more information, including the date for Black Panther’s arrival at Disney California Adventure Park. And don’t miss “Black Panther,” in theaters Feb. 16, 2018!
The Happiest Place on Earth gets merrier once again as Holidays at the Disneyland Resort returns from Nov. 10, 2017-Jan. 7, 2018. From a 60-foot-tall Christmas tree on Main Street, U.S.A., to more than 400,000 lights adding sparkle to “it’s a small world” Holiday, the Disneyland Resort offers dozens of returning traditions and new experiences. Here are 12 “must-dos” to begin your holiday adventure.
For the 59 days of Holidays, Disneyland Resort gave to me:
- 12 toy soldiers: “A Christmas Fantasy” Parade in Disneyland Park features a daily procession complete with tin soldiers, roller-blading snowflakes, floats and holiday cheer. Mickey, Minnie, Disney Princesses and Santa Claus are just a few of the merry makers who share the joy of the holidays in this merry Disneyland tradition.
- 11 festive food offerings: With an abundance of seasonal flavors, resort guests will want to try these 11 and more: roasted turkey slider with cranberry sauce, macaroni & cheese with cornbread crumbles, gingerbread crispy treats, beef corn tamale a la plancha with spicy rojo sauce, braised pork belly adobo, peppermint marshmallow wands, beef brisket & brown sugar glazed carrots, peppermint bark, snowman cake pops, caramel apples and horchata fudge.
- 10-foot-wide snowflake: Dazzling decorations dress up “it’s a small world” Holiday with spectacular icicles, a snowman, a giant snowflake and dolls depicting children of the world dressed in seasonal costumes. For the first time, guests will enjoy FastPass on this festive, yuletide version of the classic Disneyland attraction.
- 9 special performances at Festival of Holidays: Guests will be immersed in the universal language of music and dance with exciting performances at Festival of Holidays, in Disney California Adventure Park: “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” street party, the Disney ¡Viva Navidad! bands, Mariachi Divas, Princess Elena’s Musical Grand Arrival, Holiday Toy Drummers, Blue13 Dance Company and the music of Mostly Kosher, The Sound and Phat Cat Swinger.
- 8 Christmas-themed challenges: Mischievous elves invite younger guests to play some interactive games at Santa’s Holiday Visit at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. Guests will complete puzzles, cross a jingle bridge and more on a journey to visit Santa Claus in Disney California Adventure.
- 7-foot-tall Oogie Boogie: In Disneyland, Christmas and Halloween collide at Haunted Mansion Holiday. This year, Haunted Mansion Holiday marks the 17th season of its traditional gingerbread house with a giant, 7-foot-tall gingerbread Oogie Boogie; he’s caught feasting on an infestation of gingerbread bugs.
- 6 laser projectors: Half a dozen laser projectors combine with nearly 20 high-definition projectors in “World of Color – Season of Light” to illuminate Paradise Bay at Disney California Adventure. This sparkling winter fantasy blends classic holiday songs with memorable moments from treasured Disney and Disney•Pixar animated films.
- 5 diverse cultural celebrations: Festival of Holidays brings Christmas/Navidad, Hanukkah, Kwanza, Diwali and Three Kings Day to Disney California Adventure with 12 marketplace kiosks in the Festive Foods Marketplace. Guests will get into the holiday spirit and discover delicious foods inspired by different cuisines and traditions.
- 4 Dapper Dans: This iconic Disneyland quartet sings a scintillating selection of a capella holiday tunes as they play the chimes, tap dance and regale audiences with vaudeville humor on Main Street, U.S.A.
- 3 feathered friends: Donald Duck, Panchito from Mexico and José Carioca from Brazil host the “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” street party at Disney California. Guests who want to get up and dance to the infectious sound of Mariachi and Samba musicians will come alongside 12-foot-tall mojiganga puppets and authentic folklórico dancers.
- 2 new Cars Land experiences: The magic is put into overdrive as two attractions transform for the first time this holiday season, adding to the car-themed décor throughout Cars Land. Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters becomes Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl and Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree becomes Mater’s Jingle Jamboree.
- 1 more spectacular sight: Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle is illuminated each night with 50,000 twinkling LED lights and the “Believe…in Holiday Magic” fireworks spectacular. It all culminates with the grandest of grand finales as “snow” falls lightly over the three viewing locations: in front of “it’s a small world” Holiday, portions of Main Street, U.S.A., and near the Rivers of America.
Disneyland Resort Celebrates Lunar New Year with God of Good Fortune Goofy and Pluto, Jan. 26 to Feb. 18, 2018
Disneyland Resort will bring its biggest Lunar New Year celebration yet to Disney California Adventure Park, Friday, Jan. 26 to Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018. To commemorate the Year of the Dog, guests will experience more Lunar New Year fun than ever before as the celebration expands to 24 days full of multicultural performances, fun-filled activities, beautiful décor, delicious cuisine and themed merchandise to celebrate the start of a new year.
Guests at the Lunar New Year festivities will discover plenty of Disney magic as they experience Asian culture through inspired food, music and entertainment with their family and friends. Lunar New Year, traditionally celebrated within Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, commemorates the moment when both the sun and the moon begin their journey for another year. Highlights of the Lunar New Year celebration at Disney California Adventure will include:
- God of Good Fortune Goofy and Pluto greet guests at the Disneyland Resort Lunar New Year celebration, along with pals Mickey, Minnie, Mulan and Mushu, all dressed in their Lunar New Year attire
- “Hurry Home—Lunar New Year Celebration,” the heartwarming nighttime water show at Paradise Bay prior to “World of Color” which tells the tale of a little lantern’s quest to reunite with family for the annual celebration of good luck and fortune
- “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession,” a magical celebration hosted by Mulan and Mushu that honors Lunar New Year and celebrates family and friendship
- Three Asian marketplaces offering delightful foods inspired by Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, as well as a special Lunar New Year menu at Paradise Garden Grill
- Live, daily performances with authentic musicians, and an area for guests to try their hand at arts and crafts with local artisans
- A Lucky Wishing Wall, where guests may add their own wishes for a wonderful future
- Beautiful Lunar New Year décor, including ornamental lanterns and banners wishing guests a Happy Lunar New Year in English, Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese
- New Lunar New Year merchandise inspired by different cultures of East Asia
- Special items all the way from Shanghai Disney Resort, including traditional red envelopes for gift-giving, Mickey Mouse plush, Minnie Mouse snow globes and a limited-edition pin
- Commemorative items featuring special Lunar New Year designs, including adult tees and hoodies
For a limited time, guests of the Disneyland Resort will celebrate the lively and colorful traditions of Lunar New Year, only at Disney California Adventure. Guests may check for daily entertainment schedules as they become available, at Disneyland.com/LunarNewYear.
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
Capturing the spirit of early California through inspiring design and daring architecture, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa is a deluxe 948-room resort hotel property, offering a premium option for business or pleasure visits to the Disneyland Resort. Recently completed an exciting, hotel-wide renovation, this AAA Four-Diamond hotel is the first Disney resort hotel in the world to be located inside a theme park—Disney California Adventure—making stays at the deluxe hotel a uniquely themed experience.
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa celebrates the romantic Arts & Crafts movement of early 20th century California. Designed to capture the artistic exploration of California’s coastlines with its Monterey pines and redwood forests, the hotel is layered with the memories of the arroyo craftsmen, the mission pioneers and the Plein Air school of painters.
At the Disneyland Hotel, guests will find a family vacation resort brimming with Disney magic and benefits. Offering 973 rooms, the hotel features a variety of restaurants and lounges, shops, and three swimming pools, among other amenities.
Recent renovations to the Disneyland Hotel include a new pool and water play area, featuring slides and a splash pool in an architectural design reminiscent of the 20th Century Disneyland Hotel Monorail Station. Guests can grab a bite near the pool at Tangaroa Terrace, or sip on tropical cocktails and flavorful juices at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar.
Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel
Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel overlooks Paradise Pier, one of the most colorful sections of Disney California Adventure, making the hotel’s name and theme a natural fit.
Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel prides itself on being one of the finest hotels in its class. The 15-story, high-rise structure encompasses 481 guest rooms, including suites and poolside cabana rooms, as well as 15 meeting rooms totaling 30,000 square feet of space. The hotel also has a rooftop swimming pool and whirlpool, a fitness center, dining in the mellow PCH Grill, quick bites and refreshments at the lobby Surfside Lounge or the poolside Sand Bar, gift shops and a game arcade.
Disney Parks and Superstars to Light Up ABC’s Primetime Special ‘The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration’ Nov. 30
Merry holiday moments from Disney theme parks around the world and a star-studded cast of entertainers will launch a “25 Days of Christmas” countdown when “The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration” airs Thursday, Nov. 30, 2017, from 9:00–11:00 p.m. EST on The ABC Television Network.
The magical two-hour event will be hosted by Emmy® Award-winner Julianne Hough, multiplatinum recording artist and television personality Nick Lachey, and sports star, broadcast correspondent and commentator Jesse Palmer. The show will give viewers a front-row seat to a Disney Christmas party like no other – a family holiday tradition brimming with colorful lights, snow flurries, memorable music and more. From the Cinderella Castle stage at Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, Hough and Lachey will perform a spectacular opening number named for the primetime special.
Tony Award-winning actress Idina Menzel will join fellow “Frozen” star Kristen Bell to perform together for the first time on primetime television. The pair, who voiced the characters of Elsa and Anna in the animated blockbuster, will perform in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Park in California accompanied by a 30-voice choir. The two stars of stage and screen will sing “When We’re Together” from the brand-new Walt Disney Animation Studios featurette, “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure.”
The holiday special’s other unforgettable, wish-come-true moments will include an extraordinary castle lighting extravaganza from Disney theme parks around the world – traveling the globe from California and Florida to Paris, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
A Sneak Peek at New Star Wars– and Toy Story-Themed Lands
The force will be with all who tune in for a sneak peek at Disney’s new Star Wars-themed lands, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, opening at both Disneyland Park in California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida in 2019. The new lands promise adventure on a galactic scale when guests steer the Millennium Falcon on a customized secret mission in one attraction and engage in a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance in another.
From the edge of the galaxy “to infinity and beyond,” viewers will discover Andy’s world in the new Toy Story Land to open next year at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. The new family-friendly Slinky Dog Dash roller coaster and the Alien Swirling Saucers attraction will join the original Toy Story Midway Mania! attraction to give Woody, Buzz and Andy’s entire toy collection a backyard play land scaled to render park guests seemingly toy-sized.
Musical performances in the primetime special will include:
- Ciara will perform a joyful Christmas medley, including “Jingle Bells” and “Jingle Bell Rock” from a sparkling Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Grammy Award-winning country artist Darius Rucker will sing “Winter Wonderland.”
- Emmy-nominated actress and singer Lea Michele will be joined by special guest Joey McIntyre to sing the classic holiday duet, “Baby It’s Cold Outside.”
- Multiplatinum-selling group Fifth Harmony will sing “Can You See,” from The Star soundtrack, plus “The Christmas Song.”
- Fitz and the Tantrums will perform their platinum-certified hit, “HandClap,” and their original Christmas song, “Santa Stole My Lady.”
- Multi-Grammy-nominated trio Hanson will light up the night singing “Finally It’s Christmas,” from their recently released Christmas album.
- Boy band In Real Life will sing “I’ll Be Home for Christmas.”
- Multiplatinum powerhouse Jason Derulo will perform “This Christmas.”
Viewers at Home Will Be Able to “Glow with the Show”
For the first time, viewers will be able to “Glow at Home” during select performances in the holiday special, thanks to the brand new “Made with Magic® 3.0: Connected Ear Hat” and the Shop Disney Parks app. Leveraging Bluetooth® technology, the Shop Disney Parks app enables viewers wearing the new 3.0 edition ear hats at home to sync with the ABC holiday special playing on the viewers’ TVs or other devices. Viewers will feel like they are part of the show.
The app also has a remote-control feature to adjust the ear colors and speed of the strobe – a brand-new feature for the Made with Magic® Ear Hats. If viewers at home don’t have the special edition ear hats, not to worry. The Shop Disney Parks app will allow them to enjoy a second screen experience as their mobile phone comes alive, mirroring the spectacle on-screen during select performances. The Made with Magic® 3.0: Connected Ear Hat and the interactive ear hat remote control feature on the Shop Disney Parks app will both be available Nov. 17.
Holiday magic is endless as Disney theme parks transform into winter wonderlands filled with seasonal attractions, joyful entertainment, festive décor and special treats that make every day feel like a holiday. The spirit of the season shines even brighter in these magical places where families share traditions and make memories together.
At Disney California Adventure Park, the popular Festival of Holidays is back to entertain guests with the sights, sounds and tastes of diverse cultural festivities and plenty of Disney magic! Festival of Holidays is a celebration inspired by Christmas/Navidad, Hanukkah, Diwali, Kwanzaa and Three Kings Day. This contemporary seasonal celebration brings guests together for a uniquely Disney festival, Nov. 10, 2017-Jan. 7, 2018.
Guests will discover something around every corner, from festive food and beverage in 12 marketplace locations to fun craft-making and the universal languages of music and dance.
The daily lineup of entertainment includes special Disney characters, cavalcades and performing ensembles that range from an a cappella group with a soulful sound to a dance company that invites guests to the dance party. Disney ¡Viva Navidad! is part of the fun with authentic music, dance, décor, crafts and special greetings by Princess Elena of Avalor and her friends to spread holiday cheer with a delightful musical celebration.
The nighttime spectacular “World of Color–Season of Light” wraps guests in the warm glow of holiday magic at Disney California Adventure Park. Fusing cherished holiday music sung by beloved artists with memorable moments from treasured Disney animated films, this sparkling winter fantasy is magical for all ages. This production of “World of Color” is more brilliant than ever with additional lighting, lasers and high-definition projections.
- More than 120 characters from 30-plus Disney and Disney•Pixar animated films are included in “World of Color–Season of ”
- The score for “World of Color–Season of Light” was recorded in sessions in London, Nashville and
- The soundtrack features some well-known musical artists performing popular holiday tunes:
- “The Christmas Song” by Nat King Cole
- “Let It Snow” by Dean Martin
- “Baby It’s Cold Outside” by Michael Bublé and Idina Menzel
- “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” by Amy Grant
- “Mele Kalikimaka” by Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters
- “Feliz Navidad” by José Feliciano
- “Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies” by Pentatonix
- “Wizards in Winter” by Transiberian Orchestra
- “Blue Christmas” by Elvis Presley
- “Let There Be Peace on Earth” by Heather Headley
- In the mesmerizing start, the last leaves of fall give way to the arrival of winter as Mickey and his pals decorate their homes for Themes include:
- Snow: The Frost Fairies from “Fantasia” create a winter
- Love and Romance: Some of Disney’s romantic, fairytale couples take center stage, celebrating the holidays with the ones they
- Family and Home: From Andy’s family in “Toy Story” to a “Mele Kalikimaka” with Stitch and his ‘Ohana’ and a “Feliz Navidad” from the Three Caballeros, the story demonstrates that the most precious holiday moments are spending time with
- The Nutcracker: Highlights from Tchaikovsky’s “The Nutcracker” ballet accompany hilarious visuals of gracefully dancing hippos, ostriches, elephants and alligators from Disney’s “Fantasia.”
- Lights: Goofy goes all out in an over-the-top holiday light displays — until his ode turns to overload and everything short circuits, leading to a “Blue Christmas” with Sadness from Disney•Pixar’s “Inside ”
- Peace on Earth: In a stunningly beautiful finale, the lagoon is illuminated with the light of hope, filling guests’ hearts with the spirit of peace, joy and goodwill to
Lighting & Projection
- For “World of Color–Season of Light,” the lagoon is flooded with more light than ever as five barges erupt in a brilliant lighting effect to punctuate the grand
- More than 800 individual light fixtures are needed to illuminate the
- Six laser projectors are deployed to create a variety of entertaining
- Nearly 20 high-definition projectors convey imagery to the screens of
- Paradise Bay lagoon serves as the stage for “World of Color—Season of” The lagoon covers 3.5 acres with nearly 15 million gallons of water and more than 1,200 fountains.
- The tables on which the fountains and other equipment sit comprise nearly one full acre of engineered superstructure, longer than a football field.
- A vast underwater grid contains more than 18,000 points of Each fountain has multiple points of control for lighting, color intensity, water angle, height and more.
- Fountain heights range from 30 feet to 200 feet in the By way of comparison, Mickey’s Fun Wheel reaches a height of 150 feet.
- The show features one of the world’s largest projected water screens – a wall of water 380 feet wide by 50 feet high, for a projection surface of 19,000 square
World of Color Highlights and History
- “World of Color – Season of Light” is the fourth production to take place on Paradise Bay at Disney California Adventure Previous shows were:
- The original “World of Color” (2010)
- “World of Color – Winter Dreams” (2013)
- “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” (2015)
- “World of Color” received the 2010 Themed Entertainment Association (TEA) Award for Outstanding Achievement–Nighttime Spectacular, for being “a visual and technical marvel.”