I love Disney for a lot of reasons- the magic, the experiences, the stories, and so much more- but I have to admit that one of things that I look forward to the most when visiting Walt Disney World is the food. Disney is known for its food; from world-class cuisine to the average corn dog, Disney has it covered. Every Disney visitor has their favorite Disney foods that just don’t taste quite the same when bought somewhere else, so I thought I would share with you my top five staple Disney cuisine from Walt Disney World.
• Norwegian School Bread- You can find this sweet treat at the Norway pavilion in Epcot. To me, a Disney trip just isn’t complete without tasting school bread! School bread consists of sweet cardamom bread filled with vanilla custard and topped with a sugar icing and coconut flakes. It’s definitely one of my favorite foods on property. Once, I even tried to recreate the recipe at home, but it just didn’t turn out the same. Hats off to Norway for creating such a delicious dessert!
• Pizzafari Pepperoni Pizza- There are many places to get pizza in Disney world- Via Napoli in Italy, Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney, flatbread pizza from California Grill at the Contemporary Resort- but my favorite place is Pizzafari in Animal Kingdom. I love how the crust is always just puffy enough, there’s not too much cheese, and the top is baked to a crispy perfection. You can find the same kind of pizza at Pizza Planet in Hollywood Studios as well, but we always make a point to eat at Pizzafari. If you haven’t tried this particular meal, I definitely suggest it!
• Carved Turkey Sandwich at Be Our Guest- Be Our Guest is quickly becoming one of my favorite lunch spots at Walt Disney World (we have yet to dine there for dinner!), and their carved turkey sandwich could actually be considered heaven on a baguette. The warm, thick-sliced turkey tastes like a home-cooked Thanksgiving bird, and the pommes frites (french fries) served with the sandwich are fried to a crispy perfection. If you want to try this amazing sandwich, be sure to try to snatch a Be Our Guest lunch Fastpass+ online at beourguestlunch.disney.go.com so you are sure to get a spot at Be Our Guest.
• L’Artisan Des Glaces Ice Cream- If you haven’t tried L’Artisan Des Glaces, found at the France pavilion in Epcot, you haven’t lived. All 16 flavors are hand-crafted to creamy perfection. My personal favorite is the coffee ice cream, which tastes exactly like a cup of iced coffee, but they also offer other unusual flavors like Caramel Fleur de Sel and Hazelnut. Along with the choice of flavor, you can also choose if you want your ice cream in a cone, a cup, in a macaron ice cream sandwich, or in warm brioche with chocolate or raspberry sauce. As the French would say, une glace est très bonne!
• Ham & Swiss Sandwich at Earl of Sandwich- Earl of Sandwich has been a long-time favorite food spot at Disney, and we always eat there at least one time every trip. My preferred sandwich there is the ham & swiss, but I usually order it without the cheese since I’m not a huge fan of melted cheese. The bread is probably my favorite part of the sandwich- it’s unlike any bread I’ve ever tasted and always toasted perfectly. The sandwich also has honey mustard on it, which is delicious. I’m always regretful when it comes down to the last bite; I could probably eat Earl of Sandwich every day and never get sick of it!