Disney Cruise Line is making a splash! From Best Cruise Line for Families to Best Private Island, see the ‘waves’ of awards they’ve been honored to receive in this video!
If your idea of theme park food runs to burgers, funnel cake, and, on the high end, smoked turkey legs, Disney World’s latest eatery may blow your mind — as well as your palate and your credit limit. Tiffins at Disney’s Animal Kingdom redefines in-park dining with delectable, sophisticated fare that comes with a side dish of great themeing.
The new “Beauty and the Beast” live-action film comes out this Friday, March 17, 2017. And, at Walt Disney World® Resort, there’s plenty of ways for guests to celebrate the “tale as old as time” every day. Here are top five enchanting “Beauty and the Beast” must-do’s:
Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage! show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®
During this 25-minute Broadway-style show, Belle, Gaston, Beast, Mrs. Potts and other favorite characters perform songs and scenes from the classic film multiple times each day.
Be Our Guest Restaurant at Magic Kingdom® Park
Featuring a delicious menu of French and American cuisine, Be Our Guest Restaurant is open for quick-service breakfast and lunch and table-service dinner. Guests can dine inside of some of the iconic scenes from Beast’s Castle, including the Grand Ballroom, the Castle Gallery or the West Wing. And, after their meal, they can even meet Beast in his study.
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Little Princess can receive the royal Belle treatment at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, located at both Disney Springs and inside Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park. Little ones ages 3-12 have the chance to be transformed with a Belle dress, special hairstyle, nail designs and more. Book by calling (407) WDW-STYLE for reservations.
Enchanted Tales with Belle at Magic Kingdom Park
Guests can relive the timeless tale during a magical reenactment at Magic Kingdom Park at Enchanted Tales with Belle. They’ll share special moments with Belle inside Beast’s library as they play a role in helping to tell this classic story.
Gaston’s Tavern at Magic Kingdom Park
Gaston’s Tavern is an ode to the over-the-top man himself. Decorated with hunting trophies and tons of keepsakes dedicated to Gaston, guests can grab a variety of pastries and snacks, including LeFou’s Brew, a delicious frozen apple juice beverage infused with a hint of toasted marshmallow.
Coco opens in US theatres in 3D on November 22!
Recently, we introduced the new MagicBand 2, which offers more versatility and customization to guests as they unlock the magic of their Walt Disney World® Resort vacation.
We’re also excited to share that solid-color MagicBand 2 are available for purchase in the current eight colors – pink, blue, red, green, orange, gray, yellow and purple – wherever MagicBands are sold throughout Walt Disney World Resort.
With the MagicBand 2 solid-color bands, guests have even more options to customize their MagicBand. They can mix and match different-colored bands to create their favorite multi-colored band because with MagicBand 2, the center icon is removable and linked to their My Disney Experience account. MagicBand 2 is also available for purchase in a variety of graphic designs.
Guests can also customize their solid-color MagicBand 2 with the new MagicKeepers accessories. They can put the center icon into a sliver carabiner to wear on a purse, diaper bag or belt loop; or into a Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse lanyard clip to wear around their neck. A mini-screwdriver is included with each MagicKeeper to make changing the icon easy.
2017 Raglan Road Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival Runs March 16-19 at Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant
Running March 16-19, the most authentic St. Patrick’s Day celebration in Central Florida will feature a round-the-clock lineup of talented musicians, award-winning Irish dancers and authentic cuisine by Irish celebrity chef and PBS/Create TV personality Kevin Dundon.
Guests can enjoy a mighty selection of beers, spirits and craft cocktails with Dundon’s exceptional Irish fare while musicians and dancers perform on multiple stages, indoors and out, from 11 a.m. until 2 a.m. daily. Guests can accent their Irish holiday attire with complimentary face painting available for the occasion from noon to 8 p.m. throughout the festival. The stellar music lineup includes:
- Young Dubliners – Quite possibly Celtic rock’s hardest working band, playing hundreds of shows to thousands of fans across the United States and Europe every year. Known for their exciting live performances, the Young Dubliners bring their hearty rock and Irish-infused tunes to the Raglan Road stage.
- The Byrne Brothers – An exceptionally talented traditional Irish music family from Donegal. They are Luca, 12, on button accordion; Finn, 10, on banjo, mandolin and whistle; and Dempsey, 7, on whistle and bodhran (percussion). Their show combines exciting traditional Irish tunes with modern dance beats, and they’re known for their fun interaction with their audience.
- HanaLena Band – A sister duo based out of Nashville, Tenn. Hannah and Caroline grew up in the heart of Mississippi and were surrounded by bluegrass, country and the Delta blues. Their unique blend of acoustic instrumentation, moving lyrics and tight vocal harmonies make for an entertaining show.
- The Raglan Roots Coalition – More than 10 years down the road, Raglan Road felt it was time to shake its boogie – Roots style, with this popular Irish house band. Think soul-rocking Celtic bluegrass with some hip-swingin’, knee-shakin’ funky roots beats.
- Swingin’ On the Gate – This four-piece band of multi-instrumentalists with roots in legendary Lisdoonvarna in County Clare have serious crossover credentials and musical pedigree including traditional and classical training. They are multiple medal winners at Fleadhs music competitions and have toured in Italy, Switzerland and the United States.
- Rollickin’ Rua – A fresh and exciting four–piece traditional Irish music ensemble from Ireland and Scotland. Each of the accomplished musicians brings a wealth of musical talent and experience to their vibrant live show of music and song.
- The Raglan Road Irish Dancers – Plucked from the cast and stages of the world’s greatest Irish dance shows, the Raglan Road Irish Dancers perform throughout the Mighty Festival. You can even learn some traditional Irish dance steps – no experience necessary!
The entertainment schedule will be posted at raglanroad.com. Festivities at Raglan Road will run from 11 a.m. until 2 a.m. daily throughout the Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival.
If you want to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day like the Irish, here’s our primer:
- Please don’t call the holiday “St. Patty’s.” It’s either “St. Patrick’s Day” or “St. Paddy’s.”
- A shamrock has three leaves (not four – that would be a clover).
- Americans invented the St. Patrick’s Day parade in 1737 in Boston.
- Most Irish pubs do a full month’s business on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Guinness sell 13 million pints on St. Patrick’s Day versus the usual 5 million daily.
- Raglan Road is America’s #1 Irish Pub.
- Green beer is an American invention. Raglan Road does not serve green beer.
Guests can order from Raglan Road’s popular brunch, lunch, dinner and bar menus that include new dishes recently introduced by Master Chef Dundon. The dinner menu features loin of bacon and cabbage, the authentic Irish dish of St. Patrick’s Day, plus other Irish classics created with Dundon’s modern twists. Throughout the event, the restaurant’s Cooke’s of Dublin counter-service eatery will offer Irish favorites, as well, including fish and chips.
On March 17, St. Patrick’s Day, guests will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis with a cover charge of $10 for each guest age 18 and older. Reservations can be booked for other festival days by calling 407/938-0300.
Today, we’re excited to share another look inside Pandora – The World of Avatar, which opens May 27, 2017 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park at Walt Disney World® Resort.
In this video from Walt Disney Imagineering, several members of the Pandora project team explain just how important research has been in bringing Pandora – The World of Avatar to life. Culture plays a huge part in the park’s other lands, like Asia and Africa. Therefore, researching a realistic culture that would exist on Pandora has been a priority.
In addition to culture, placemaking has also extended to designing what you will hear when you enter the new land. Get a closer look in this video!
Are you celebrating a honeymoon or romantic getaway at Walt Disney World® Resort? Make it even more special with one of the limited-time Enchanted Evening Honeymoon or Romance package options.
These additional options for Walt Disney Travel Company packages include:
- Two exclusive honeymoon or romance-themed MagicBands
- Two exclusive romance-themed keepsake luggage tags
- Two admissions to the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party at Magic Kingdom® Park, plus a small celebratory treat
These Enchanted Evening package options can be added to Walt Disney Travel Company Magic Your Way Packages. The Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party is available only on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday evenings. Magic Kingdom Theme Park admission is required and is not included. If Guests wish to visit other theme parks on the same day their Magic Your Way ticket needs to include the Park Hopper Option. Enchanted Evening option must be booked a minimum of 7 days prior to arrival. There is no commission available for this product.
Contact Travel Agents, Scott and Becky Donahue, of Wish Upon a Star With Us to plan and book your vacation.
Guests are discovering new ways to celebrate the tale as old as time, “Beauty and the Beast,” at the Disneyland Resort. For a limited time, Fantasyland in Disneyland Park will bring the animated feature to life in new ways, and Hollywood Land in Disney California Adventure Park will offer guests a spectacular sampling of the new, live-action film set to make its premiere in theaters March 17, 2017.
Six enchanting experiences now await guests visiting both theme parks.
- Red Rose Taverne: For a limited time, the Village Haus Restaurant in Fantasyland transforms into the Red Rose Taverne, a lively French tavern inspired by the tale as old as time. Each room of this quick-service eatery showcases a different chapter of the beloved story with wall paintings, beautiful décor, crimson drapery and intricate stained glass. Guests will enjoy new food items inspired by the film, such as the Enchanted Cauliflower Sandwich, Poutine Flatbread and Lemon Rose Cake.
- Royal Reception: Conveniently located next to the Red Rose Taverne, guests will find special treasures to take home – such as toys, collectables and clothing – inspired by both the animated feature and the new, live-action film.
- What a Guy! What a Beauty!: Guests may visit with the haughty Gaston as he preens around the Fantasyland area. The devilishly dashing villain is sure to be admired by friends and foes alike. Belle herself may also be found visiting with aspiring royalty in Fantasyland.
- Maurice’s Treats: In nearby Fantasy Faire, new dipping sauces paying homage to “Beauty and the Beast” are available at Maurice’s Treats. Guests can order a special sauce to complement existing tasty snacks, including Marinara, Strawberry and of course, the Grey Stuff – it’s delicious!
- The Royal Theatre Presents “Beauty and the Beast”: Whimsical storytelling characterizes this comical performance of the classic tale presented daily by the thespian duo Mr. Smythe and Mr. Jones. Guests can enjoy daily performances of the show at the Royal Theatre in Fantasy Faire
- Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast” Sneak Peek: Through March 26, guests can experience an exclusive sneak peak at the new retelling of the classic tale at Sunset Showcase Theater in Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure. The live-action adaptation of “Beauty and the Beast” opens in theaters March 17 – more than 25 years after the animated feature debuted.
- Scenic shot with monorail
- Front entrance topiaries – featuring Mickey Mouse & Pluto
- Belle & Beast topiaries in the France Pavilion
- Figment topiary in Future World
- Scenic shots – styled flowerbeds
- Road to Florida 500 play garden, Cruz Ramirez and Lightning McQueen topiaries – based on the upcoming Disney•Pixar Cars 3
- Three Caballeros topiaries in the Mexico Pavilion
- Anna & Elsa topiaries in the Norway Pavilion
- Plant dragon in the China Pavilion
- Snow White topiary in the Germany Pavilion
- Buzz Lightyear topiary in front of Mission Space
- Butterflies On The Go garden
- Music Garden Melodies play garden
- Outdoor Kitchens throughout World Showcase
- Flowers, Bonsais and Vertical Gardens
- Festival Center – gardening workshops & festival-themed merchandise