In 2011 I wrote an article about my Walt Disney World Bucket List, a list of things I dreamed of doing. I thought it might be fun to revisit that list, 3 years later. Here is the list:
1. Take the Behind the Seeds Tour at The Land Pavilion in EPCOT.
2. See Nemo and Friends at Animal Kingdom.
3. Visit all the Resorts on the monorail route during the holidays.
4. Take the new Wild Africa Trek adventure.
5. Stay in the Castle Suite.
6. Get a ‘makeover’ at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
7. Take a carriage ride…..
8. Take a Fireworks Cruise….
9. See The Little Mermaid at Hollywood Studios.
10. Visit the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
11. Have a conversation with Marty Sklar.
12. Become a Cast Member…
I am pleased to report that I can mark off 3 of the activities, numbers 1, 2, and 9. I thoroughly enjoyed all three and might just leave them on there to do again. But then that won’t leave any room for new things!!! Some of the items listed are real stretches I am thinking of replacing with things that might be more reasonable….like replacing number 11 with riding the new roller coaster in Fantasy Land. Although I would love to talk to Marty Sklar, riding Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride seems more realistic and I can read his book which would be almost like talking to him! I can replace number six since adults can’t get a makeover there anymore. How about replacing it with Flights of Wonder?
With Walt Disney World changing all the time, there are always things to add to a bucket list. And now with our relocation on the horizon I will have even more opportunities to achieve my dreams, maybe even number 12.
Everyone should have a WDW bucket list. What will you put on yours? That favorite attraction from your childhood or the one you need to get up the nerve to ride? A favorite show? A favorite character to meet and greet? A dream hotel to experience? Whatever it is, it will be magical when you can mark it off your list and will help ensure you do the things that you most want to do at Walt Disney World. So get started on your list today!!