Disney Cruise Line is making a splash! From Best Cruise Line for Families to Best Private Island, see the ‘waves’ of awards they’ve been honored to receive in this video!
Archive for Disney Cruise Line
Exciting new experiences designed for Guests of all ages are coming to the Disney Fantasy in May 2017. From exploring the universes of Star Wars and Marvel, to shopping at unique new onboard venues, new highlights include:
Imaginative New Spaces for Kids in Disney’s Oceaneer Club
- The new Star Wars: Command Post takes kids on a journey where they will train with heroes of the Star Wars saga and help with missions against the First Order. Here, they will interact with holographic models at a one-of-a-kind Star Wars holotable that projects 3-D images of the Millennium Falcon, Death Star and other famous Star Wars ships, meet members of the Resistance and learn to channel the Force.
- In the all-new Marvel Super Hero Academy, kids will learn from real-life Super Heroes the heroic values of enlightenment, worthiness and loyalty. In this innovative space, kids can learn the ways of the mystic arts with Doctor Strange who is making first-ever appearances onboard a Disney Cruise Line ship.
Tasty Treats to Delight the Entire Family
- The new Sweet on You ice cream shop, themed after the iconic Mickey Mouse cartoon shorts, features hand-crafted gelato and ice-cream, specialty sundaes, homemade chocolates, truffles and a large selection of candy for purchase, all just steps from the family pool.
Luxury Shopping for Adults
- Disney Cruise Line will welcome the world’s premier jewelry and iconic American luxury brand, Tiffany & Co., with an exclusive store aboard the Disney Fantasy. Your Clients can indulge in timeless collections of jewelry and luxury accessories, including the effortlessly elegant Tiffany T collection and other glamorous pieces featuring renowned Tiffany & Co. diamonds.
These additions are part of an overall commitment by Disney Cruise Line to invest in our ships, helping to deliver incredible family vacation experiences for years to come. While making these enhancements to the Disney Fantasy, crews will also perform regularly scheduled and wide-ranging maintenance that keeps the fleet in tip-top shape.
The new enhancements will debut on Disney Fantasy sailings starting May 17, 2017 from Port Canaveral, FL. The first sailing will visit the Bahamas on a 3-night voyage. Beginning May 20, the ship will resume a regular sailing schedule that includes 7-night voyages alternating between the Eastern and Western Caribbean.
Adventures by Disney® announces new enhanced river cruise vacation offerings for 2018, including options for special Beauty and the Beast themed experiences along Europe’s Rhine river, and adult-exclusive epicurean style experiences along both the Rhine and Danube rivers.
Adventures by Disney will also double the number of popular food and wine themed sailings along the Rhine in 2018, offering two epicurean sailings during the fall. Hosted be renowned chefs and sommeliers, these adult-exclusive sailings will serve up extraordinary food and beverage experiences both on and off the ship – including wine tasting and blending, gourmet demonstrations and workshops, culinary walking tours in several ports and more.
In 2018, Adventures by Disney will also offer six departures of its popular Danube river cruises. In addition to summertime and themed holiday sailings, there will be an all-new adult-exclusive Oktoberfest sailing in September 2018. This special itinerary will visit Germany during the iconic yearly Oktoberfest celebration, and will include festive themed parties and culinary treats both on and off the ship.
Sailing with AmaWaterways™, a premier luxury river cruise line, Adventures by Disney river cruises offer a new way for guests to explore the heart of Europe in a way that is active, immersive and easy. Adventures by Disney received the 2016 Cruise Critic Editors’ Award for Best River Cruise Line for Families.
In summer 2018, Disney Cruise Line will sail on new itineraries and to new ports, including first-time visits to destinations in Italy and Ireland. Disney Cruise Line takes your Clients on a grand tour of Europe with visits to the Mediterranean, northern Europe, Norway and Iceland. Plus, adventures continue with sailings to Alaska, the Caribbean and the Bahamas.
Contact Travel Agents, Scott and Becky Donahue, of Wish Upon a Star With Us to plan and book your vacation.
When guests sail, we love that their experience doesn’t end when they step off the ship. They remember it for a lifetime and relive the magic by talking about it with family, friends — and everyone they meet!
Because of those shared experiences, Disney is excited to be honored with eight first-place awards, including the Best for Families, in the recently announced 2017 Cruise Critic Cruisers’ Choice Awards based on thousands of reviews.
Cruise Critic reviewers recognized the Disney Magic as the No. 1 cruise for families while also ranking the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wonder as top cruise ships in the Best for Families category.
In the large-ship category, the Disney Dream took the No. 1 spots for Best Overall Ship, Best Cabins, Best Public Rooms, Best Service and Best Shore Excursions. This is the third consecutive year the Disney Dream has won Best Overall in the large-ship category.
Also in the large-ship category, the Disney Fantasy was recognized as the Best for Fitness & Recreation. While the Disney Magic took top honors for Best Overall Ship in the mid-size ship category.
The Cruisers’ Choice Awards are selected based on the thousands of reviews and ratings made by the Cruise Critic community last year. Cruise Critic is one of the largest online cruise communities with more than 150,000 cruise reviews.
Just announced today, Disney is bringing a tale as old as time to the Walt Disney Theatre on the Disney Dream! We’ve assembled an all-star creative team who is currently developing a brand-new musical production, “Beauty and the Beast,” inspired by Disney’s live-action adaptation of the animated classic.
Guests will once again fall in love with the enchanting fairytale as this new production of “Beauty and the Beast” celebrates the romance, adventure and magic of the live-action film, weaving in the charm and nostalgia of the award-winning animated feature.
“Beauty and the Beast” aboard the Disney Dream will bring the timeless fable to life like never before, featuring a style of theater that interlaces classic storytelling elements with cutting-edge technology, to create a unique, theatrical experience in the 1,340-seat Walt Disney Theatre. An innovative take on the story will transform renowned songs into spectacular, show-stopping numbers, and lavish costumes and puppetry will bring a fresh perspective to beloved characters.
“Beauty and the Beast” will debut during the Disney Dream voyage departing Nov. 6, 2017, joining an incredible lineup of Broadway-style stage productions aboard the ship, including “The Golden Mickeys” and “Disney’s Believe.”
Brace yourself — there’s a whole layer of Disney travel that’s about to blow you away. Adventures by Disney, which offers exciting, earth-spanning trips to exotic locales, is now hitting countries like France, Germany, Hungary, Austria, and Switzerland on its Rhine and Danube River Cruises.
In 2018, guests can celebrate Marvel Day at Sea on the Disney Magic during eight special voyages from Miami departing January through April. These new Marvel Day at Sea voyages from Miami follow the premiere of the epic event on seven special sailings from New York City in the fall of 2017. New character interactions and an immersive show with Doctor Strange take center stage in the lineup of entertainment throughout the day-long celebration on all Marvel Day at Sea cruises.
- Spider-Man, Captain America, Thor, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Black Panther, Loki and other Marvel Universe Super Heroes and Villains are onboard for scheduled interactions and photos.
- During an immersive show in the Walt Disney Theatre, Doctor Strange demonstrates the power of the mystic arts and enlists guests in an epic battle against the Dark Dimension.
- A brand-new spectacular party fills the upper deck with music, dancing and games.
- The deck party culminates in a stunning display of themed pyrotechnics, lighting, sound effects and the largest collection of Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains ever assembled on a cruise ship.
- Kids and families summon their Marvel knowledge and enjoy friendly competition during trivia games, covering courageous heroes and fun facts from the Marvel Universe.
- For young heroes-in-training, Marvel-themed games, activities and arts and crafts will be offered throughout the day in the Marvel’s Avengers Academy in the Oceaneer Club.
The new 2018 Marvel Day at Sea sailings depart from Miami on Jan. 7, 21; Feb. 4, 18; March 18; April 1, 15 and 29. The five-night cruises include a stop at Disney’s private island Castaway Cay and either Cozumel, Mexico, or Grand Cayman.
Marvel Day at Sea from New York will be on seven- and eight-night Disney Magic Bahamian cruises departing on Oct. 6, 14, 28; Nov. 4, 11 and 18, 2017. All will include a stop at Disney’s private island Castaway Cay and Port Canaveral, Fla., with a day at the Walt Disney World® Resort. Marvel Day at Sea will be on one seven-night Canadian Coast cruise departing from New York on Oct. 21, 2017, with stops at Charlottetown, Sydney and Halifax.
In 2018, the epic day at sea returns to Disney Cruise Line with 15 special Disney Fantasy sailings to the Caribbean from January through April. Star Wars Day at Sea transports guests to a galaxy far, far away to celebrate the legendary adventures and iconic characters from the Star Wars saga with Jedi, Wookiees, droids, Stormtroopers and others during the special day-long celebration.
Throughout the day, guests can enjoy immersive entertainment and activities that are all a part of the galactic adventure – including interactions with Star Wars Characters, Star Wars-themed family and youth activities, at-sea screenings of Star Wars films, unique food and beverage offerings, special merchandise and the “Summon the Force” deck party with a stunning fireworks finale.
Star Wars Day at Sea will be on 15 Disney Fantasy seven-night Caribbean cruises sailing from Port Canaveral, Florida.
Departing Jan. 6, 20; Feb. 3, 17; March 3, 17, 31; April 14, 2018, the Western Caribbean itinerary includes Cozumel, Mexico; Falmouth, Jamaica; Grand Cayman and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay. Departing Jan. 13, 27; Feb. 10, 24; March 10, 24; and April 7, 2018, the Eastern Caribbean itinerary includes Tortola, St. Thomas and Disney Castaway Cay.
It was another makeover for the record books. The six-week overhaul this fall of the 1,754-passenger Disney Wonder, one of Disney Cruise Line’s two original ships, brought major changes to wide swaths of the vessel including eateries, lounges and cabins.