The residents of Radiator Springs have transformed Cars Land at Disney California Adventure park into a Haul-O-Ween celebration!
Archive for carsland
Mater, Lightning McQueen and the residents of Cars Land have transformed the town of Radiator Springs into Radiator Screams for Halloween Time and guests are invited to join the frightful fun. As the Cars prepare to celebrate Halloween, or as they call it “Haul-O-Ween,” they have decorated their establishments for the occasion. They’ll even be wearing their favorite “car-stumes” to celebrate. This festive celebration takes place at Disney California Adventure, as part of Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, from Sept. 15 – Oct. 31, 2017.
In addition, two favorite Cars Land attractions get a new look for Haul-O-Ween. Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree becomes Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree and Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters becomes Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween. Both attractions will have new, themed décor and new music to accompany the ride experiences.
From spinning webs to Vampire Mater Bread, here are some fun facts about Haul-O-Ween at Cars Land:
- Cars wear their favorite “car-stumes” for Haul-O-Ween – Mater dresses up as a “van-pire,” Lightning is a super hero, Cruz Ramirez is a pirate, Red the Fire Truck is a clown and DJ is a punk rocker.
- Sha-BOO! – This Haul-O-Ween, Cars Land is taken over by supernatural spirits each evening for a haunting Sha-BOO! Sheriff’s voice arrives on the scene to return the town to order and welcome guests to Radiator Screams.
- Trunk-or-Treating Tunes – The background music in Cars Land features a new lineup of kooky Halloween-inspired songs.
- Scary the Scare-car – Greeting guests as they enter Radiator Screams is another new addition: Scary the Scare-car. Guests hear the story about how Scary came to be while riding Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween.
- A Creepy, Crawly Cruiser – Spinning a web of mayhem at Flo’s V8 Cafe is a “terrifying” Spider-car. Guests need not fear though, since this eight-legged friend is available for photos. The Haul-O-Ween designers repurposed a “Toadmobile” from Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride for this unique experience.
- Zombie Car Effect – An out-of-service car with an undead battery refuses to “rust in peace” as it attempts to come back to life in front of Lizzie’s Radiator Springs Curios. Contrary to popular rumor, these are not the remains of her beloved Stanley.
- Sarge’s Pump–kin Patch – Sarge is growing a patch of seasonal pump-kins. He plans on gifting these gas cans on a vine to his neighbor, Fillmore, to make some “organic fuel.”
- Fillmore’s Yard Art – Fillmore, the resident free spirit of Radiator Screams, adds his artistic touch to the Haul-O-Ween season. His most prominent piece is a wacky, kinetic sculpture: a spinning mobile of “jack-oil-lanterns.”
- Witchy Miss Lizzie – Flying over Cadillac Range is Old Witchy Miss Lizzie. Her curiosity shop, now appearing as if it belongs to a vintage witch, specializes in special Haul-O-Ween Boo-veniers!
- Disorder in the Court – Strange things are brewin’ over at the old courthouse. A mad scientist has hooked up jumper cables, giving the old building new life (with moving eyes in the window).
- Horn-O-Plenty – This mysterious artifact was unearthed on Haul-O-ween Night in 1936. Every year the residents of Radiator Screams bring it back to its rightful home and adorn it with seasonal gifts.
- Mater’s Junkyard JamBOOree’s New Tunes – The tractors are spinning to new versions of beloved Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree songs as well as Haul-O-Ween-inspired parodies of Monster Mash by Bobby “Boris” Pickett (Monster Truck Smash) and Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley (Purple Fender Bender).
- Luigi’s Favorite Holiday – Luigi and Guido never celebrated Haul-O-Ween before moving to Radiator Springs. Now it’s their favorite holiday, and they’re inviting the cousins to come celebrate for the first time. Their “Terror-antella” tells the story of Luigi and Guido building the town’s beloved Scare-Car, Scary.
- Ramone’s House of Body Art– While not part of Haul-O-Ween, Ramone is celebrating Day of the Dead at his detailing shop. Newly painted hoods, marigolds and a sugar car (named Sugar) decorate the outside. Inside, Ramone has built an ofrenda to celebrate the life of the town’s good friend, Doc Hudson. Items celebrating the life and career of the old racecar are on display.
- Brake’s Motel – Sally seasonally creates a themed miniature model of the Cozy Cone Motel out of seasonal candy displayed for all to see. It is on display in the lobby of the Cozy Cone Motel.
- Spiders – Guests will find 30 car-achnids lurking around Radiator Screams!
- Frightfully fun food and beverage – A tempting menu of Halloween food and beverage is available throughout Cars Land, including Car-achnid Pot Pie, Grape “Ghoul”-ant Shake and Mini Candy Cone Pie (Flo’s V8 Cafe); Vampire Mater Bread (Fillmore’s Taste-In); and Slow Burnin’ Mac & Cheese Cone and a Spoke-y Cone Macaron filled with marshmallow buttercream and candy corn (Cozy Cone Motel). Cozy Cone Motel also serves Junkyard JamBOOree Mix – flavored popcorn with optional “nuts and bolts” (green M&M’s, candy corn, chocolate-covered pretzels, Boston baked beans and more).
Halloween Time at the Disneyland® Resort is expanding into Disney California Adventure® Park, bringing the first-ever Haul-O-Ween in Cars Land. The residents of Radiator Springs are getting into the spirit, decorating each of their establishments and even donning their own car-stumes!
Mater may not have a trunk, but that won’t stop him from trunk-or-treating in his vampire costume.
Check out POV from Cars Land’s Luigi’s Rollickin Roadsters
This summer, when guests head on down the highway to Disney California Adventure® Park at Disneyland® Resort, they’ll be able to meet one of the newest stars from Disney·Pixar’s “Cars 3,” Cruz Ramirez. Cruz is joining Lightning McQueen and Mater in Cars Land, starting today. She’ll also be taking a summer road trip down to the Sunshine State, stopping in on Pixar Place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® at Walt Disney World® Resort.
In Disney·Pixar’s “Cars 3,” Cruz Ramirez is a top-notch technician at the Rusteze Racing Center where she’s assigned to train the team’s talented rookies. Cruz always had racing dreams of her own, but it isn’t until she meets Lightning McQueen that she realizes her passion to compete is still there. Now she’ll finally get the chance to see if she’s got what it takes to win.
Guests can race out to catch “Cars 3” in theaters in 3D today, and look for Cruz Ramirez this summer as she pays a visit to Disney California Adventure Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
As Lightning McQueen heads to the big screen alongside his new tech-savvy trainer Cruz Ramirez, Disney•Pixar’s “Cars 3” fuels two soundtrack releases—both available from Walt Disney Records on June 16 as the film opens in theaters nationwide. The Cars 3 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, features eight tracks—including original songs by Dan Auerbach and ZZ Ward, four covers by various artists, and two instrumental tracks from Brad Paisley. The Cars 3 Original Score Composed and Conducted by Randy Newman reunites the “Cars” franchise with the Oscar®-winning composer. Both soundtracks are available for pre-order tomorrow, May 19, 2017.
“Lightning McQueen is on the journey of a lifetime—traveling cross-country, revisiting the past and looking into his own heart and soul to answer some big questions,” said “Cars 3” director Brian Fee. “Just like the music in the first two ‘Cars’ movies, the songs and score in this film really help support the story we are telling.”
CARS 3 ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK
The Cars 3 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack features “Run That Race,” an original song written and performed by nine-time Grammy® winner Dan Auerbach that can be heard as the movie opens. “The song is about never giving up and always trying your best,” said Auerbach, who met with filmmakers prior to penning the song. “They showed me the storyboards and ran through the plot. I was able to read some of the dialogue and from there I had enough to piece together a story in my mind for the song.”
Auerbach will release Waiting on a Song, his second solo album, on June 2 via his new label, Easy Eye Sound.
The soundtrack also features “Ride,” an original end-credit song performed by Hollywood Records artist ZZ Ward, featuring musician Gary Clark Jr. Written by Ward, Evan Bogart and Dave Bassett, the song was released by Walt Disney Records as a digital single on April 14. It was performed live by Ward April 17 on ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars.” Ward’s sophomore album, The Storm, will be released June 30.
The soundtrack also features four cover songs, including two bonus tracks.*
- “Kings Highway,” originally released in 1991 by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, makes a comeback courtesy of 23-year-old British singer-songwriter James Bay.
- Bruce Springsteen’s 1984 hit “Glory Days” gets a modern-day makeover by Grammy®-nominated performer Andra Day, who voices Sweet Tea in the film—a performer in the Cotter Pin with a hairstyle reminiscent of Day’s signature look.
- *The Beatles’ classic 1965 song “Drive My Car” is back on the road, compliments of Hollywood Records artist Jorge Blanco.
- *”Freeway of Love,” made famous in 1985 by Aretha Franklin, is performed for the soundtrack by actress Lea DeLaria, who also provides the voice of Miss Fritter, a school bus-turned-demolition-derby-queen in “Cars 3.”
Three-time Grammy®-winning singer, songwriter, guitarist and entertainer Brad Paisley, who has 24 No. 1 singles under his belt, was called on to create two instrumental tracks that are featured on the Cars 3 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. “Truckaroo” and “Thunder Hollow Breakdown” accompany the film’s action-packed Crazy 8 demolition derby sequence that puts Lightning and Cruz in the midst of total chaos. “Brad Paisley was part of both ‘Cars’ and ‘Cars 2,'” said Tom MacDougall, executive vice president of music at Disney. “We knew he could have some fun with a demolition derby, and he just killed it. His down-home country tracks really add to the scene’s action and humor.”
CARS 3 ORIGINAL SCORE SOUNDTRACK
Newman, who was behind the Oscar®-winning music in Disney·Pixar’s “Toy Story 3” and “Monsters, Inc.,” composed the score for the first “Cars” movie and penned the Oscar®-nominated song “Our Town.” For “Cars 3,” Newman created a score that reflects the heart and high-octane action of the film—21 tracks are included on the soundtrack. “Randy has a real connection to the ‘Cars’ world,” says MacDougall. “His ability to capture the feeling of this film, its characters, locations and the Americana theme throughout is extraordinary—the music is so naturally fluid and inspired. It really feels like Randy is coming home with this score.”
Newman used a 110-piece orchestra to record the score. The Cars 3 Original Score Composed and Conducted by Randy Newman is available June 16 from Walt Disney Records and can be pre-ordered HERE.
Disney’s Imagineers don’t always get it right. Luigi’s Flying Tires was one of three new rides in Cars Land when the expansion opened in Disney California Adventure in 2012. It was like a cross between bumper cars and air hockey: you sat in an oversized tire that hovered on air, and shifted your weight to try and make it float into other tires.
Cars Land at Disney California Adventure® immerses guests in the world of the popular Disney•Pixar film “Cars” and makes them feel like they are right in the middle of Radiator Springs.
Last year we shared that Luigi’s Flying Tires was closing to make way for an all-new attraction. And today, we’re excited to announce that Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters will open March 7, 2016 at Disney California Adventure Park.
Each dancing car will have its own high-spirited personality and signature dance moves – making every ride unpredictable, as guests won’t know which way they will turn and spin next!
Take a look at part #2 of our photo gallery of Cars Land decorated for the holidays. Click on the photos for larger views.