Brand new experiences featuring the Dark Side, the Resistance, the droids and more are coming to the Disney Fantasywhen Star Wars Day at Sea returns on 15 special sailings this January through April. Check out some of the new out-of-this-galaxy experiences that are setting sail:
The Dark Side
- To kick off Star Wars Day at Sea celebrations, in a one-time experience the night before the event, Darth Vader and Stormtroopers will march into the ship’s atrium for an Imperial takeover.
- Kylo Ren will appear in “Jedi Training Academy,” where young Jedi-in-training summon their courage and the Force to face off against Darth Vader and Kylo Ren.
- Rey will take the stage in the “Summon the Force” nighttime deck show that celebrates great moments from across the Star Wars galaxy including iconic characters and new favorites, complete with an epic fireworks finale accompanied by John Williams’ iconic music.
- In “Porgs Onboard! Scavenger Hunt,” Chewbacca needs help tracking the Porgs that have been wreaking havoc throughout the ship. Guests can help find and decode secret messages to solve a ship-wide quest and be greeted by everyone’s favorite Wookiee at the end of their adventure.
- In the days leading up to the epic celebration, guests check out all of the Star Wars feature films in the Buena Vista Theatre, culminating in a showing of the newest film, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.”
Fun for the whole family
- New in 2018, guests are guaranteed a time to meet and take photographs with C-3PO and R2-D2, Chewbacca and Darth Vader. Before they even step onboard, they have the chance to reserve these character encounters online under the My Disney Cruise section of disneycruise.com.
- Guests can step into the saga and pose with a life-size replica of Han Solo frozen in Carbonite, as well as other cool Star Wars-themed backdrops.
- In Star Wars Drawing Academy, guests can learn to draw some of their favorite Star Warscharacters and a new character from “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.”
- Star Wars-themed interactive games, trivia and activities for the whole family will be hosted by Disney cruise staff on the pool deck and in the D Lounge.
These are the droids you’re looking for
- C-3PO will make an appearance in Star Wars: Command Post in Disney’s Oceaneer Club. During a special activity, children train to be members of the Resistance and fend off the First Order. C-3PO pays a visit to check on their training and further human-cyborg relations.
- Droid Racing is a fast-paced activity that the whole family will enjoy where Guests can race BB-Unit droids around a course in the ship’s atrium.
- In a hands-on activity for families, everyone tests their skills to become master droid builders and create an intergalactic droid.
All of these cool new experiences are included in a Star Wars Day at Sea cruise, and just some of the ways guests can celebrate the legendary adventures and iconic characters from the Star Wars galaxy.
Stay tuned as we share more about the exciting experiences you’ll have on Star Wars Day at Sea during your family’s Caribbean cruise vacation!