he Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration will touch every aspect of the guest experience, beginning May 22, 2015. As guests enjoy the spectacular, new shows highlighting the celebration, they’ll also encounter brilliant décor, special entertainment throughout the parks and countless opportunities to amplify the Diamond Celebration fun with food, beverage and souvenir offerings.
Guests Invited to Join the Entertainment
In addition to the “Paint the Night” parade, immersive “Disneyland Forever” fireworks spectacular and new “World of Color – Celebrate!” shows, opportunities for guests to become part of the musical magic of Disneyland will be found throughout the resort.
- At Disneyland:
- Guests may join a daily Diamond March-Along up Main Street, U.S.A., with the Disneyland Band and Disney characters in their sparkling, new Diamond Celebration costumes. The cavalcade concludes with a Diamond Sing-Along at Town Square in Disneyland Park.
- Also on Main Street, U.S.A., the Dapper Dans quartet will invite guests to join Diamond Sing-Alongs, while the Straw Hatters band will encourage Diamond Dance-Alongs. Every musical group across the Disneyland Resort is incorporating special Diamond Celebration moments into its shows.
- At Disney California Adventure Park:
- Guests may Dream-Along with Mickey Mouse and the Red Car News Boys, as Mickey shares a whole new song about his vision for the Happiest Place on Earth. When the Five & Dime arrive on Buena Vista Street, guests will be immersed in a joyous Dance-Along with Dime, Goofy and the boys.
- Mad T Party returns to Disney California Adventure beginning May 22, as guests are invited down the rabbit hole to experience the Diamond Mad T Party, a nighttime entertainment party inspired by Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland” motion picture.
- The Mad T Party main stage will feature a live band, performing contemporary and classic rock favorites as well as newly mashed-up Disney tunes given a rare Mad T Party twist. When the band isn’t onstage, the White Rabbit DJ takes over and plays the latest, hottest dance tunes.
- Also for Mad T Party, the Hottest Deck in Town dance crew will perform their high-energy show with a new look at a new location, the Hollywood Backlot Stage.
- Diamond Mad T Party guests will also play interactive games, take photos or just chill out with a cold drink from the Drink Me Bar or Chiller truck. A new photo location combines the fantastical spirit of the Mad T Party with a tribute to Disney’s past.
Dazzling Merchandise and Souvenirs
Disneyland fans and collectors desiring a beautiful Diamond Celebration memento will find plenty to excite them at Disneyland Resort merchandise locations. More than 500 merchandise items will be available, including apparel, accessories, art, collectibles, headwear, home décor, jewelry, pins, souvenirs, toys and more.
- Headwear will include a Diamond Celebration ear hat, Minnie Mouse rhinestone-embellished headband, and youth and adult baseball hats. Also being introduced from the Diamond Collection is a crystal-encrusted Minnie Mouse headband and Mickey Mouse ear hat.
- Home Décor items will include frames, snow globes, mugs, a dinner plate, dessert plate, trivet, napkin, drinkware and bottle topper, as well as a beach towel, throws and pillow.
- Toys will include an array of plush, a fashion doll, a Diamond Celebration truck hauler, train set, playing cards, puzzles, Sleeping Beauty Castle playset and more.
- Open and limited edition pins, trading accessories, boxed pin sets and framed pin sets will be available.
- Collectors also will be interested in limited release, limited edition and crystal embellished Vinylmation.
- Art & Collectibles will include notable brands such as Precious Moments, Lenox, Highland Mint and Arribas Bros. Over the course of the celebration, fans will find artwork by Dave Avanzino, Disney Design Group (Costa Alavezos, Tyler Dumas, Susan Foy, Caley Hicks, Alex Maher, Randy Noble), Liana Hee, Ink & Paint artists, Brian Jowers, Lisa Keene, Jerrod Maruyama, Kurt Raymond, Tim Rogerson, SHAG, Javier Soto and The Thomas Kinkade Studios and Gregg Visintainer, among others.
- Made with Magic: Newly designed Diamond Celebration ear hats, wands and paint brushes will light up to accompany the big, new after-dark shows.