Marty Sklar spent over 50 years working at Disney — he’s the only employee to participate in the opening of all 11 Disney parks around the world…
This single quote from one of Disney’s great innovators could motivate you to create almost anything
Take a look at some of the latest construction photos of the pedestrian crosswalks as Downtown Disney undergoes a transformation to Disney Springs.
Disney Vacation Club plans to open an office at Ko Olina Center in West Oahu in late 2015….
Chase today announced that as part of its multi-year agreement with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, U.S. it continues as the presenting sponsor of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. The festival, running from September 25 through November 16, 2015, will welcome celebrity chefs, debut new marketplaces and tastes from around the world and celebrate Guests’ favorite dining traditions.
The sponsorship of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival extends Chase’s relationship with Disney as the issuer of the Disney Premier Visa Credit Card, Disney Rewards Visa Credit Card and Disney Visa Debit Card. Chase debit and credit cardmembers, including Disney Visa Cardmembers, again have exclusive access to complimentary, non-alcoholic refreshments, charging stations and interactive fun at the Chase Lounge.1 The lounge, located on the third floor of the American Adventure Pavilion within the Epcot World Showcase, will be open daily during the Festival from 11 a.m. until Park close.
New this year are three special dining events2 exclusively for Disney Visa Cardmembers during the festival:
- Brews, Breakfast and More, September 28, 2015. Over a three-course breakfast that uses beer as an ingredient and pairing, learn about innovative beer styles and brewing processes dating back to ancient Babylon and Egypt.
- The Making of the Party for the Senses, October 27, 2015. Discover how the culinary team makes this popular tasting event come alive. Over lunch in the Wine View Lounge, event creators offer a glimpse at the behind-the-scenes magic.
- The Creation of the Food & Wine Festival Marketplaces, November 9, 2015. Enjoy breakfast on the promenade before the Festival opens with a Walt Disney World Chef, Beverage Professional and Imagineer for a sneak peek at Marketplace creations and their menu delights.
Tickets for these dining events are subject to availability and are on sale for Disney Visa Cardmembers. Disney Visa Cardmembers also have an advanced booking opportunity on July 28 and July 29 for all special events offered at this year’s Festival before sales open to the general public on July 30. For more information visit DisneyRewards.com.
“We are thrilled to offer exclusive dining experiences to our Disney Visa Cardmembers to make their experience at the Festival even more memorable,” said B.J. Mahoney, general manager, Chase Card Services. “In addition, the Chase Lounge has become a welcome destination for all Chase cardmembers attending the Festival, which is why we have exciting activities for everyone to enjoy.”
Disney Visa Credit Cardmembers earn reward dollars on all card purchases.3 In addition, all Disney Visa Cardmembers have access to amazing perks 365 days-a-year, including a Character Meet ‘N’ Greet at a private Cardmember location at Walt Disney World Resort and the Disneyland Resort and special savings at Disney’s domestic theme parks, Disney Store and DisneyStore.com.4 Cardmembers can also choose from various Disney card designs.5
1 Theme Park admission to Epcot is required.
2 Offers and offer elements including, but not limited to, participating locations, are subject to availability and additional restrictions, and may change or be canceled without notice. Use a valid Disney Visa Card and/or Disney Rewards Redemption Card for special offers.
3 Disney Dream Reward Dollars are subject to the terms and conditions of the Disney Rewards Program. See DisneyRewards.com for rewards details.
4 Use a valid Disney Visa Card and/or Disney Rewards Redemption Card for special offers. Must mention the offer to receive the merchandise discount. Merchandise discount may not be used for certain items and is not available at certain locations including Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort Operating Participant locations. For entry into the Character Meet ‘N’ Greet Photo Opportunity, must present your valid Disney Visa Card. Not valid in combination with other offers, discounts, promotions or with any previous purchase. Minimum purchase and/or separate admission may be required. Offers are for personal use only and may not be transferred or resold. Please visit DisneyVisaPerks.com for full terms and conditions. Chase is not responsible or liable for fulfillment of these Disney Theme Park perks. Theme Park admission to Epcot is required.
5 Card designs are subject to availability and may change without notice.
No bones about it: Mickey Mouse’s pal Pluto loves to run and play at Walt Disney World Resort. Canine visitors to the Florida Vacation Kingdom deserve a tail-wagging good time as well. Guests can treat their special four-legged family member to an experience that will last a lifetime (which in dog years could be a very long time!).
Here are a few ideas for the perfect dog day at Walt Disney World.
1. Every great day starts with a good night’s sleep. Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground is the only pet-friendly resort at Walt Disney World Resort where guests and pets can rest up before a day of adventures. With site-specific camping loops that welcome pets and premium, full-hookup campsites, guests and their furry buddy will both be happy campers. For more information and to book reservations, guests may call 407/W-DISNEY.
2. Once everyone is wide awake and ready for the day, it’s time for a brief morning workout. Guests can take their pups to the Waggin’ Trails Dog Park at Fort Wilderness, where dogs of all sizes can run and play leash-free during their stay at Walt Disney World Resort. The park is open daily from dawn to dusk, so canine sidekicks may want to visit again in the evening.
3. While guests have a magical time exploring Walt Disney World, furry family members can enjoy a bit of the Disney magic as well. Best Friends Pet Care at Walt Disney World Resort is a luxury, state-of-the-art pet facility that offers boarding, daycare and grooming for dogs, cats and other family pets in a safe and fun environment. Before venturing to the parks, stop by Best Friends Pet Care and let the pet professionals pamper your pooch for the day. For more information about Best Friends Pet Care, guests may call (877) 4 WDW-PETS or (877) 493-9738.
4. As guests enjoy a day of park-hopping, doggy darlings can enjoy a relaxing day of VIP treatment in a beautiful, air-conditioned puppy suite at Best Friends Pet Care at Walt Disney World Resort. VIP grooming packages can be purchased in advance to give your barking buddy a full-day of grooming and relaxation. For pups a bit too playful for a day at the spa, there is plenty of room to run and play at Doggy Day Camp. This fun opportunity gives dogs the chance to enjoy safe, supervised social play with certified Doggy Day Camp counselors, complete with an assortment of toys. Using the facility’s complimentary webcam, guests can even check in on their pooch throughout the day! For more information about services available at Best Friends Pet Care, guests may call (877) 4 WDW-PETS or (877) 493-9738.
5. Don’t forget to stop by Downtown Disney and visit Happy Hound before picking up your pooch. This pet accessory store has something for every dog, including trendy outfits, custom collars and one-of-a-kind squeaky toys.
6. After a long day in the Walt Disney World theme parks, it is time to retrieve your cuddly companion. For some quality playtime before heading back to the resort, visit the Best Friends Pet Care private dog park, or take a pleasant walk around the grounds. What better way to end the perfect day than with quality time with your best pal!
Disney’s Polynesian Village Oasis Pool is undergoing a major renovation. Check out these construction photos of the Oasis Pool near the DVC wing of the resort.
Click on the photos for a larger view.
Take a look at some of the ongoing construction around Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Avatarland Building at the bus entrance to Animal Kingdom
Walls around the pathway to Avatarland
If we’re not mistaken, Ant-Man contains the first reference to Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It’s basically common knowledge at this point that Spidey will make his first appearance in Captain America: Civil War next year
Join emoji-fied versions of Rapunzel, Flynn, Mother Gothel, and the rest of our Tangled friends as they retell the story of Disney’s Tangled with your favorite moments from this classic animated film.
Check out this clip of the new WDW Today Channel at Disney Resorts featuring When You Wish Upon a Star