The first look at JJ Abrams’ new entry to the “Star Wars” saga will appear online as well as in theatres.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I wanted to focus on something beyond what we all are most thankful for, such as a healthy and safe family, a good job, etc…
I wanted to make my column about things that I am thankful for, Disney style. Disney has created so many wonderful memories for my family I thought it would be fun to create a list. After reading my list I would like to hear your thoughts via Twitter.
I am thankful for….
- Walt Disney having the vision to create a place where families could have fun together in a safe environment
- The Walt Disney Co. continuously expanding and improving their parks, resorts, and service
Being able to travel to Walt Disney World several times a year to get a different experience each time
- Having a wife and kids who love Disney as much as I do
- Minnie Mouse opening up her arms to greet my youngest daughter on a pathway at Animal Kingdom and giving her a HUGE hug, which is something she still remembers to this day
- The look of amazement the first time my daughters stepped foot into Magic Kingdom
- The look of joy the first time my daughters meet a Princess
- The look of bewilderment on my face when Belle picked me to play Beast at “Storytime with Belle”
- The ability to have two sets of grandparents who “get” what Disney is about and love to vacation with us
- Being able to help others maximize their time during their Walt Disney World vacations
- Being able to see my daughters reaction when she finally reached the magical 48” height mark
Blizzard Beach’s Summit Plummet helping me overcome my fear of heights
- Disney Vacation Club allowing our family to have accommodations that we otherwise might not be able to afford
- The smell of the Pop Century lobby after a 20 hour drive
- Entering my resort room, turning on the TV, and hearing the sounds of Walt Disney World Today Channel
- The time we were able to experience riding in the front of the monorail
- My youngest daughter, who has Polycystic Kidney Disease, to be healthy enough to ride most attractions that she wants to
- Being able to “scream like a little girl” on Expedition Everest and fitting right in with everyone else
- Not looking like a fool wearing a crazy Disney hat around the parks
- Having a place where I can make a wish and truly believe it will come true
Imagineers always wanting to “plus” an attraction
- Being fortunate enough to start planning another Disney trip
The Home Depot College Football Awards, now in its 24th year, will once again air on ESPN, Thursday, Dec. 11, at 7 p.m. ET, highlighting the achievements of college football student-athletes in 2014. Twenty-four players were selected as finalists for the nine National College Football Awards Association (NCFAA) awards given annually during the show. The nominees were announced during The Home Depot College Football Awards Nomination Special at 6 p.m. ET today on ESPNU.
Alabama and Oregon lead schools in nominations having three and two players nominated, respectively. Melvin Gordon (Wisconsin), Marcus Mariota (Oregon) and Dak Prescott (Mississippi State) are each finalists for two awards.
We have some awesome clips from the bonus features below as a sneak peek.
Bonus Clip: Bloopers Dance Off
Deleted Scene: The Kyln Will Have To Do
Bonus Clip: James Gunn’s Aesthetic Vision
Bonus Clip: Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon
Bonus Clip: Benicio Del Toro as the Collector
Bonus Clip: Music from the Morag Scene
The Turner Classic Movies cable channel is joining with two divisions of the Walt Disney Company for an agreement, to be announced on Wednesday, that underlines how media giants are increasingly collaborating on content-marketing efforts.
What’s better than puppies wearing Disney costumes? Puppies wearing Disney costumes in slow motion! Watch these puppies recreate your favorite scenes from Frozen, Pirates of the Caribbean, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Winnie The Pooh, and Tangled. Check out this video from Oh My Disney.
Thanksgiving is just around the corner and what a great way to enjoy a feast than with the perfect movie to watch with your family. Marvel’s GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is now available on Digital HD plus Disney Movies Anywhere and on Blu-ray™ 3D Combo Pack, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand December 9th!
With dozens of unique shops that stretch from the Marketplace to the West Side, there’s no need to hit the mall during the bustling holiday season. Downtown Disney is a 120 acre shopper’s delight with stylish boutiques such as Cherry Tree Lane and TrenD, a shop for sports enthusiasts in the Trophy Room, plus enough toys, games and princess costumes to fill Santa’s sleigh at Once Upon a Toy and World of Disney.
Strolling through the shopping mecca, sweet aromas of the season fill the air at Ghirardelli Chocolates, while scented custom soaps and fragrant bath products invite shoppers into Basin. There’s the new Marketplace Co-Op (a collection of six unique boutiques), LEGO Imagination Center, plus an entire room at Disney’s Days of Christmas—where it’s the holidays 365 days a year – that has transformed into a “Frozen” wonderland overflowing with Anna, Elsa and Olaf merchandise.
To enhance the shopping wonderland there’s strolling musicians, yuletide carolers, toy soldier stilt walkers, and even meet and greets with Santa Claus at his chalet. And for the first time ever, parents can check in at a podium and will be paged when their turn comes to meet Santa.
Tis’ the season for shopping sprees with an endless list of gift options: Custom-painted Tom’s shoes offered at Curl by Sammy Duval. Arribas Brothers’ hand-sculpted creations range from vases to jewelry including a new Olaf-inspired necklace. Sunglass Icon is a perfect stop to score an eyewear gift for fashion-forward friends. And for the canine lovers, a variety of breed-specific dog ornaments can be found at Happy Hound. Two new additions to Downtown Disney, Set the Bar and Sublime, are “can’t-miss” shops featuring an eclectic collection of gifts — from flasks and barware to candles and cards.
“There are many unique shops in Downtown Disney with some that even offer customized gift options,” said Steven Miller, merchandise communications manager with Disney Theme Park Merchandise. “From personalized phone cases, to Star Wars Build a Droid, you really can find something for everyone on your holiday gift list at Downtown Disney.”
Here’s some of Steven’s picks of what’s hot this holiday season:
- Disney Days of Christmas – Shoppers find shelves and showrooms stocked with Disney themed and specialty ornaments and decor, plus it’s a one-stop shop for all things “Frozen,” including costumes and accessories. Located at Downtown Disney Marketplace.
- D-Tech on Demand at Marketplace Co-Op – This boutique is the place to create customized and personalized phone cases, including new holiday designs exclusive to this location.
- Beautifully Disney – This beauty destination for women inside the Marketplace Co-Op features enchanting make-up, fragrances and beauty accessories in a variety of collections.
- Disney Parks Collection By Vera Bradley – Known for their fashionable quilted cotton luggage, handbags and accessories, Vera Bradley created a special line for Disney Parks. At Cherry Tree Lane at Downtown Disney Marketplace.
- Disney Infinity 2.0 at Once Upon a Toy – This massive toy store is the headquarters for all things related to Disney Infinity 2.0. This game, released by Disney Interactive, encourages guests to play in a game universe with endless opportunities to create stories and fun-filled adventures featuring all-new characters and powers. The location contains starter packs, individual figures, and power discs used in the game. At Downtown Disney Marketplace.
- Holiday Minnie Mouse Package at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique – The Holiday Minnie Package was reintroduced at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique inside World of Disney. This cheery, limited-time, holiday package includes shimmering makeup, nail polish, a Princess sash, a Princess cinch bag, and choice of hairstyle. The package also includes a festive a Holiday Minnie Mouse costume with a coordinating Minnie Mouse headband. This offer ends on Jan. 2, 2015, or while supplies last. Guests can call 407-WDW-STYLE (407-939-7895) or visit http://www.DisneyWorld.com/Style to make a reservation.
- Retail MagicBands and Accessories – Special holiday themed Olaf or Minnie Mouse MagicBands are a fun way to show your Disney Side during the season. Look for them at Disney’s Pin Traders and DisneyQuest Emporium.
If experiences are on your gift list, pick up a gift card from one of the many Downtown Disney offerings – including Splitsville Luxury Lanes, Raglan Road and AMC Dine-In Theatres. A magical balloon ride offers a bird’s eye view of Downtown Disney with Characters in Flight. A night out at La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil offers a mesmerizing performance featuring an international cast.
Fuel your purchasing power with a bite from the Food Trucks at Exposition Park, featuring up to four Disney-themed food trucks on the West Side. Also open to guests, a portion of the new West Garage, where additional complimentary parking is available. The garage will open in phases; all spaces are expected to be open by late spring 2015.
Guests staying on Disney property can take advantage of complimentary resort transportation for ease and convenience. Local guests can follow signs to the available parking lots, or valet parking for a hassle-free option. Most shops offer complimentary merchandise delivery to Disney resort hotels, or there’s a shipping option for a nominal fee. Marketplace Hours: 10am – 11pm (Sun-Th); 10am – 11:30pm (Fri/Sat). West Side: 10:30am – 11pm (Sun-Th); 10:30am – 12am (Fri/Sat).