When a team has an off day during a pennant race in September, the key is to find something to do that’s relaxing and perhaps a bit inspiring.
Star Wars fans across the galaxy, get ready for a special Disney party you won’t want to miss.
Following a sold-out event last April, Star Wars: Galactic Nights is returning Dec. 16 to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This gala evening will be filled with out-of-this-world entertainment celebrating the entire Star Wars saga.
Among many thrills in store, guests will be treated Hollywood-style to a red carpet arrival, iconic attractions with little to no wait time, amazing fireworks and projections, and experts sharing details about the Star Wars expansion coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Throughout the event (entertainment subject to change):
- The Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks and Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show will both be enhanced with special elements from the entire saga. In between, a DJ will keep things spinning at Center Stage for a Star Wars dance party.
- The Epic Theater plays host to a special one-night-only panel discussion about Star Wars:Galaxy’s Edge, sharing some of the excitement coming to the 14-acre Star Wars-inspired expansion opening in 2019 at Disneyland Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Park-wide, guests can step into immersive and iconic scenes from their favorite Star Wars films in a series of incredibly detailed photo locations, including a new backdrop inspired by Star Wars Rebels.
- Star Wars: Galactic Nights features encounters with Star Wars characters like Ewoks, AWR Troopers and roaming droids; Jedi Knights teaching younglings in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple; rocketing to the stars aboard Star Tours – The Adventures Continue; and stunning projection effects on park icons such as the Chinese Theatre. At Star Wars Launch Bay, home base for Star Wars fandom in the park, you never know what denizens from the light or dark side of The Force will appear.
- Don’t miss Darth Vader and a battalion of Imperial Stormtroopers march menacingly down Hollywood Boulevard.
- Even more specialty Star Wars-themed food and beverage and merchandise will be available.
- Select park attractions will be open to all guests. At embarkation points to Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, guests may come face-to-face with Stormtroopers on the lookout for a Rebel spy.
- Come dressed in your finest Star Wars Arriving park guests will walk a red carpet that runs the length of Hollywood Boulevard. The street itself will be dressed in all the trappings of a Tinseltown premiere.
Callers to 407 WDW-PLAY (407 939-7529) will be able to sign on for premium offerings such as a Galactic Tasting Sampler (food and beverage items including lightsaber churros and a charcuterie with C3PO crackers).
Park access and activities will be exclusive to Star Wars: Galactic Nights ticket holders. Event hours on Dec. 16 are 7 p.m.-midnight. Tickets are priced at $129 adults, $124 ages 3-9 (discounts available for Annual Passholders & DVC Members). Purchase tickets at DisneyWorld.com or call 407-W-DISNEY (407 934-7639).
April’s event sold out; guests are encouraged to book early for Dec. 16 — a date not far, far away.
Today, Chase Card Services, the leading co-brand credit card issuer in the United States, and The Walt Disney Company announced a multi-year extension of the Disney Visa Card, Disney Premier Visa Card and Disney Visa Debit Card programs.
“Our relationship with Disney for a co-branded card program spans nearly 15 years, and this extension reinforces our shared commitment to bring exceptional rewards and experiences to our Disney Cardmembers,” said Leslie Gillin, President of Co-Brand Credit Cards at Chase. “It’s an honor to work with such a distinguished brand known throughout the world for creating happiness.”
Disney Visa Credit and Debit Cardmembers have access to amazing perks 365 days a year, including special savings at Disney’s U.S. Theme Parks and Resorts, Disney Store and DisneyStore.com,1,2 exclusive photo opportunities with Disney Characters at Walt Disney World® Resort and the Disneyland® Resort, and the opportunity to choose from a variety of unique Disney card designs.3 Disney Visa Credit Cardmembers earn Disney Rewards Dollars on all card purchases which can be redeemed toward almost anything Disney.4
“We are very pleased to extend our longstanding relationship with Chase,” said Priya Girishankar, Senior Vice President and general manager of the co-branded cards business for The Walt Disney Company. “Disney is beloved for its storytelling and for creating memories that last a lifetime, and Disney Visa lets Cardmembers access the best of Disney and share those magical experiences with their family and friends.”
With over 8,500 performances to date, La Nouba™ by Cirque du Soleil® has been a Disney Springs™ staple for nearly twenty years. Since its inception in late 1998, the show has welcomed many new acts; the most recent additions include a duo of comedic clowns followed by a troupe of world-famous break dancers and a real-life couple skilled in the rarely-seen art of aerial bamboo. La Nouba has been seen by over 10 million Walt Disney World® Resort Guests and will continue to dazzle audiences with its breathtaking blend of daring acrobatics and dazzling choreography through 2017, with a final performance scheduled to take place on Dec. 31, 2017.
Yo ho yo ho a pirate’s life for me! Looking for a way to celebrate “Talk Like a Pirate Day”? Look no further than the latest Disney digital movie release-PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES. In fact, if you have been to Walt Disney World or Disneyland, I bet you just read that movie title in the same voice as the iconic ride. This rollicking adventure finds my favorite Disney character, Captain Jack Sparrow, trading away his beloved compass and trying to escape from a ghostly crew led by Captain Armando Salazar (Javier Bardem). Johnny Depp is amazing once again as Captain Jack. It is so cool that even in the Blooper bonus footage, he stays in the character of Captain Jack. I believe Jack and Johnny share the same soul! PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN:DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES is the 5th movie in the franchise. I can’t believe my daughter was only 6 when we took her to the first movie in the series, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, in 2003. She celebrated her birthday in 4th grade at the Pirates of the Caribbean:Dead Man’s Chest in 2006. I remember carving out time on a family vacation to see Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End in 2007. When she was in 3rd grade, my other daughter dressed up like Captain Jack for a biography speech on Johnny Depp. We were even lucky enough to go the Disneyland red carpet event for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides in 2011. My husband got his first pirate tattoo last summer…”Take What You Can, Give Nothing Back” with a skull and crossbones. Clearly we are a pirate loving household. Now PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES is part of our family story. The September 19th digital movie is just what we needed to hold us over until the Blu-Ray release on October 3, 2017. If you are like my family, and you wish you could act like a pirate more often than you do, then be sure to get a copy of the digital movie as well as the Blu-Ray on October 3rd. If you choose not to, there may be rough waters ahead for ya. Ye be warned!
The clips below feature behind the scenes material, including bloopers, deleted scenes, discussions with your favorite actors from the film, special effects commentary, and more! Be sure to catch Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales out TODAY, September 19th on Digital in HD and 4K Ultra HD!
Kaya’s Favorite Scene
Henry Turner Learns a Lesson
Deconstructing Ghost Sharks
Every corner of Disney Springs is wrapped and ready for the season with holiday décor and special entertainment, making it the most wonderful place to shop. From top name-brands to cozy one-of-a kind retailers and, of course, all things Disney, there’s something for everyone. Busy shoppers can also take a break and enjoy a quick snack on the go or an unforgettable meal at one of Disney Springs many talked-about restaurants.
Here’s a sampling of what’s new:
- NEW! An Even Bigger Christmas Tree Trail – To capture the spirit of the season, Marketplace guests can stroll among custom decorated holiday trees, each dedicated to a popular Disney theme. This year, the Christmas Tree Trail will expand to include ten new trees inspired by Disney classics such as Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Snow White and Dumbo.
- Santa’s Chalet – Santa Claus is accepting Christmas wish lists and welcoming guests to his chalet newly located by the Christmas Tree Trail through Dec. 24.
- Stitch’s Holiday Gift Hunt – The mischievous experiment 626 returns to Disney Springs with an expanded scavenger hunt now featuring four new stops, including a special stop at the expanded Christmas Tree Trail.
The Little Mermaid and Moana are both Disney animated films that focus on young women and the ocean. But the films, separated by almost three decades, otherwise don’t have that much in common.
In less than a month, Marvel Day at Sea cruises premiere on select Disney Cruise Line voyages from New York City. As we count down the weeks, we’re revealing more details about the fun guests can expect during this epic day-long event aboard the Disney Magic.
Marvel Day at Sea hosts an awesome mix of immersive entertainment that will empower guests to unlock their hidden superhuman abilities. Here are just some of the highlights that await guests on this special day of their cruise vacation…
Family costume celebration
Guests are invited to bring their most heroic (or villainous) costumes on the cruise. During what’s sure to be an inspiring costume celebration in the ship’s atrium, we’re encouraging families to celebrate together in Marvel-themed groups.
Super Hero training for kids
For young heroes-in-training, Marvel-themed games, activities and arts and crafts will be offered throughout the day in Marvel’s Avengers Academy. Super Heroes like Spider-Man, Black Widow, Thor and Hawkeye will teach kids the true qualities of being a hero. Kids will enjoy interactive experiences like special secret agent training, learn the path to becoming worthy with Thor, and hone their reflexes, speed and intellect with Spider-Man.
We’ll have exclusive at-sea screenings of fan-favorite films from the Marvel Cinematic Universe including the newest theatrical releases, as well as viewings of the Disney XD shows: Marvel’s Avengers Assemble, Marvel’s Spider-Man and Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. The newest Marvel cinematic feature, Thor: Ragnarok, debuts onboard Nov. 3, 2017 the same day as in theaters on land.
Kids and families summon their Marvel knowledge and enjoy friendly competition during trivia games, covering courageous heroes and fun facts from the Marvel Universe. And if guests are new to Marvel or want to brush up on their heroic facts, they can join us for a fun session that covers the basics of the Marvel Universe so they can stay up-to-speed during the entire epic event.
Fun with Mickey and friends
Even Disney characters are getting in on the action! Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale dress up to honor their favorite Marvel Super Heroes, and young cruisers won’t want to miss this opportunity to have some fun and dance with the gang up on deck.
Of course the fun doesn’t stop there! There will be plenty of opportunities for heroic encounters with some of the mightiest Marvel Super Heroes and Villains, including an interactive show in the Walt Disney Theatre with Doctor Strange. Guests can learn how to draw heroes like Spider-Man, Captain, Iron Man and Groot and take a quiz to determine the perfect Marvel comic for them!
They can also meet and hear behind-the-scenes stories from some of Marvel’s animation, game and publishing insiders. What’s more, this action-packed day features an extraordinary evening deck show like never before. More about that soon!
Marvel Day at Sea premieres on select 7- and 8-night Disney Cruise Line sailings from New York this fall, and returns on select 5-night Western Caribbean cruises from Miami in early 2018. Stay tuned as we unveil more details!
Holidays Around the World is transforming into the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays from Nov. 9-Dec. 30, surrounding guests once again in the wondrous sights, sounds and flavors of the season.
- NEW! Holiday Kitchens – The number of holiday kitchens doubles in size this year to a total of 15, each bringing the flavors of the season to life. New this year, guests can indulge in cookies and desserts at the holiday kitchen located inside the Odyssey complex. Sweet treats include snowflake sugar cookies and a warm apple fritter with cinnamon ice cream and caramel sauce. Over at the Canada pavilion, dazzling delicacies like the Maple Buche de Noel (maple mousse rolled in gingerbread chiffon cake with cranberry sauce and pecan crumble) celebrate holiday traditions from the Great White North.
- NEW! Chip & Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree – Chip and Dale are collecting ornaments for their Christmas tree. Guests can purchase a map and stickers from select merchandise locations and travel around World Showcase looking for the famous chipmunks with their ornaments. Guests can return their completed maps for a festive surprise, courtesy of Chip and Dale. Maps are available for $5.99 plus tax.
- NEW! Candlelight Processional Narrators – One of the most popular Epcot traditions returns with new celebrity narrators in 2017. Pat Sajak, Matt Bomer and CCH Pounder will join the lineup of returning favorites like Neil Patrick Harris, Whoopi Goldberg and Jaci Velasquez. The Candlelight Processional is a retelling of the Christmas story as told by a celebrity narrator accompanied by 50-piece orchestra and a mass choir. The show takes place at the America Gardens Theatre each evening at 5:00 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. Nov. 24-Dec. 30. Candlelight dinner packages can be reserved by visiting com/holiday.
- NEW! Holiday Entertainment – Enjoy the sights and sounds of the nations of World Showcase, as each country’s holiday heritage comes to life amid joyful music and time-honored traditions. Guests will discover an entertaining celebration of Hanukkah in a new location along World Showcase promenade, where a fun and interactive band interweaves the music of Hanukkah with jazz, Latin, rock and even hip-hop influences. Other returning holiday favorites include JOYFUL! A Gospel Celebration of the Season and Canadian Holiday Voyageurs.
- Fireworks Finale – The nightly fireworks display, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, will feature a special holiday ending.