On June 23, Walt Disney Records is set to release the surf-rock/pop soundtrack for “Teen Beach 2,” the highly anticipated surf and song sequel to “Teen Beach Movie,” the Disney Channel Original Movie that ranks as the second highest-rated cable television movie of all time. “Teen Beach 2” premieres Friday, June 26 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel U.S. followed by telecasts on Disney Channels around the world.
Currently available for pre-order at iTunes and the newly launched site www.DisneyChannelMusicStore.com, the soundtrack includes a blend of contemporary- and 1960s-inspired songs performed by the cast, an end credit song performed by Hollywood Records’ artist R5, one song performed by Hollywood Records’ artist Sabrina Carpenter, three bonus tracks and a radio version of Ross Lynch’s “On My Own” (written by Grammy Award-winning songwriter Evan Bogart, Riker Lynch, Rocky Lynch, Ross Lynch and Ellington Ratliff).
A fantastical music- and dance-driven story designed for kids, tweens and families, “Teen Beach 2” picks up at the close of summer. With surf season over and high school back in session, laid-back Brady and studious Mack’s relationship is headed for a wipeout when they receive a surprise real-world visit from their 1960s silver screen friends, Lela and Tanner, who have remarkably departed “Wet Side Story,” quickly followed by their 1960s bikers and surfer friends led by Butchy, Cheechee and Seacat. Knowing first-hand that the “real” world and the movie world don’t mix, Mack, Brady and all of the “Wet Side Story” friends must quickly devise a plan and use the magic of Lela’s necklace to get everyone back to their movie world before it’s too late.
Reprising their singing and dancing roles are the multi-talented young cast, including Ross Lynch (“Austin & Ally” and Hollywood Records’ R5) as Brady, Maia Mitchell (“The Fosters”) as McKenzie (“Mack”), Grace Phipps (“Baby Daddy”) as Lela, Garrett Clayton (“The Fosters”) as Tanner, John DeLuca (“Twisted”) as Butchy, Jordan Fisher (Hollywood Records recording artist) as Seacat, Mollee Gray (“So You Think You Can Dance”) as Giggles, Chrissie Fit (“Pitch Perfect 2”) as Cheechee, Jessica Lee Keller (“Dancing with the Stars”) as Struts, William Loftis (“Teen Beach Movie”) as Lugnut, and Kent Boyd (“So You Think You Can Dance”) as Rascal. Joining the cast are Piper Curda (“I Didn’t Do It”) as Alyssa, Raymond Cham, Jr. (“Jessie”) as Devon and Ross Butler (“K.C. Undercover”) as Spencer.
Teen Beach Movie track list follows:
- “Best Summer Ever” Ross Lynch, Maia Mitchell, Garrett Clayton, Grace Phipps, John DeLuca, Jordan Fisher and Chrissie Fit
- “On My Own” Ross Lynch
- “Right Where I Wanna Be” Garrett Clayton and Grace Phipps
- “Falling for Ya” Jordan Fisher and Chrissie Fit
- “Wanna Be With You” Jordan Fisher
- “Twist Your Frown Upside Down” Ross Lynch, Maia Mitchell, Garrett Clayton and Grace Phipps
- “Silver Screen” Ross Lynch and Maia Mitchell
- “Rescue Me” Sabrina Carpenter
- “Gotta Be Me” Ross Lynch, Maia Mitchell, Garrett Clayton, Grace Phipps, John DeLuca and Jordan Fisher
- “Meant to Be (Reprise 3)” Ross Lynch, Maia Mitchell, Garrett Clayton and Grace Phipps
- “That’s How We Do” Ross Lynch, Maia Mitchell, Garrett Clayton, Grace Phipps, John DeLuca and Jordan Fisher
- “Starting Over” R5
- “On My Own” (Radio Version) Ross Lynch
- “Best Summer Ever” (Instrumental Only)
- “Gotta Be Me” (Instrumental Only)
Additional bonus content includes 3 instructional Dance-Along videos with the “Teen Beach 2” choreographer available exclusively on the physical CD (internet connection required).
The Teen Beach Movie soundtrack will be available wherever music is sold on June 22nd. For more information on Walt Disney Records’ releases become a fan at Facebook.com/disneymusic or follow us at Twitter.com/disneymusic.