December 20, 2016 – As part of its continuing collaboration with Runner’s World, runDisney is officially launching a digital event guide designed by Runner’s World for 2017, helping to customize the running experience for runDisney runners like never before.
The new digital guides will be available at all eight runDisney races in 2017, starting with the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna in early January, a designated Runner’s World VIP program event. The online guide will include pre- and post-race versions, allowing runners to personalize their experience from start to finish.
The pre-race version offers logistical information and a full weekend itinerary, as well as expert running tips and videos from Runner’s World editors on topics such as race day preparation, training and nutrition. The post-race version will provide runners with their individual race finish times, overall and age group rankings, and provide links to download their race photos.
Additional benefits of runDisney’s collaboration with Runner’s World include complimentary issues of Runner’s World magazine as part of a “Welcome Runners” trial subscription for all Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend participants.* Runner’s World is also set to take part in a Speaker Series during the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, discussing running topics that will be open to all race participants.
“These digital event guides are among the most sophisticated in the industry, providing runners with the kind of personalized information rarely seen in the running world,’’ said Faron Kelley, vice president of Disney Sports. “This new enhancement is part of runDisney’s continuing commitment to create a running experience unparalleled in the industry.’’
The Runner’s World VIP program is returning to the 2017 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna for the fifth straight year. The program is an exclusive opportunity to be coached by Runner’s World’s director of training and four-time Olympic Trials qualifier Budd Coates. Plus participants will receive advice from the magazine’s experts and editors, such as “The Mayor of Running’’, Bart Yasso, on training, nutrition, and injury prevention.
“We’re excited to join runDisney again this year for the Walt Disney Marathon Weekend,” says Runner’s World Editor in Chief David Willey. “We’re looking forward to customizing the race experience for all runners with the new digital event guides–something that’s new to the race industry and leverages Runner’s World’s digital expertise. It’s also fantastic to see the Runner’s World VIP program returning to Marathon Weekend r. This one of a kind program allows our editors and readers to train together and then run together on race weekend.”
The exclusive Runner’s World VIP program at the Walt Disney Marathon Weekend includes:
- A membership in a 16 week (20 weeks for beginners) training plan designed by Coach Budd, who has coached thousands of elites, celebs, and everyday runners
- Access to a customized Runner’s World VIP training plan on TrainingPeaks, an interactive training log, where runners can log their totals, watch their progress, and receive nightly email reminders about the next day’s training
- Pre-race course strategy session at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex with the Runner’s World experts and editors
- Welcome Party with Runner’s World editors to celebrate the program’s fifth year at Walt Disney
- World Marathon Weekend (included with Dopey Challenge only)
- Entry to the Race Retreat on Saturday and Sunday (Marathon package includes access on Sunday only) and other VIP exclusives