Feld Entertainment, Inc., producers of Disney On Ice and Disney Live!, is taking top performing cable TV series for preschoolers to the stage in Disney Junior Live On Tour! Pirate and Princess Adventure. Featuring characters from the smash hits Sofia the First and Jake and the Never Land Pirates, this brand new production launches a 90-city national tour in July, followed by its world premiere in Hollywood, Cal., on September 27. Tickets for all 2013 engagements go on sale May 28.
“The Feld Entertainment mission of providing quality live entertainment experiences that the entire family enjoys starts with Disney Live! because it is often a young fan’s first theatrical experience,” said producer Alana Feld .”Children everywhere are falling in love with Sofia and Jake, and we are thrilled to bring these popular Disney Junior characters to the stage for the first time ever.”
In this original storyline, Mickey and Minnie lead the audience on an exciting adventure that will have families rooting for their favorite pirate Jake and Disney’s first little girl princess Sofia. Disney Junior Live On Tour! Pirate and Princess Adventure begins with a special interactive pre-show featuring the loveable 6-year-old doctor to toys and stuffed animals, Doc McStuffins. Children and their parents will sing “The Check-Up Song” along with Doc as she provides tender love and care.
Audiences will then embark on a journey to the magical world of Enchancia, where Sofia, her step-siblings Amber and James, and the entire kingdom are preparing for the annual friendship festival. Sofia has the honor of delivering the perfect gift to her royal subjects at the celebration, and the one-and-only Cinderella visits the castle to help Sofia in her mission to find just the right present.
The excitement continues when families cast away to Never Land where Jake and his Yo Ho pirate friends Izzy and Cubby are in a race against time to locate a mysterious treasure-filled volcano. Danger, thrills and adventure lurk around every turn when our swashbuckling friends battle Captain Hook for the ultimate prize. Peter Pan makes a special appearance, aiding the team in their heroic quest, and with the help of Tinker Bell’s pixie dust, Jake and his crew fly above the stage in their journey.
In 2012, “Doc McStuffins” and “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” ranked as cable TV’s Top 2 series for all kids ages 2-5, reaching 46.7 million and 36.5 million unique total viewers, respectively, throughout the year. Launching at the top 2013, “Sofia the First” is cable TV’s #1 series year to date among Kids 2-5 and Girls 2-5, and is the #1 preschool cable TV series in Total Viewers and Women 18-49. In fact, the November 18, 2012 premiere of its introductory TV movie, “Sofia the First: Once Upon a Princess” became the #1 cable TV telecast ever in Kids 2-5, and #1 preschool cable TV telecast of all time in Total Viewers (8.2 million) and Women 18-49.
Producers Alana Feld and Kenneth Feld have hand selected an award-winning, talented creative team to build this spectacular.
- Director/Choreographer Fred Tallaksen is the award-winning choreographer of Madonna’s “Sorry” video and the finale of her Confessions World Tour.In 2008, he earned a Latin Grammy® in the Best Video category for Juanes’s “Me Enamora.” Tallaksen was also skating choreographer for “Austin Powers III-Goldmember” and was the Director and Choreographer behind Feld Entertainment’s Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best Live Tour Ever! and Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival, and Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey® Presents Fully Charged, Gold Edition.
- Writer Bradley Zweig is a three-time Emmy-nominated Executive Producer and Head Writer for Sid the Science Kid produced by the Jim Henson Company for PBS. He has written for Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, CW and Cartoon Network. Zweig has written for Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever! as well as four Ringling Bros. productions.
- Costume Designer Mirena Rada has designed for Tony Award-winning Broadway plays Avenue Q, Criss Angel ‘s Mindfreak, and Pera Palas , where she won the Circle Award for Best Costume Design. Rada has also designed costumes for many Walt Disney World productions including Fantasmic featured at Tokyo Disney Seas, the SoundSational Parade at Disneyland, Flights of Fantasy, Hong Kong Disneyland’s 5th Anniversary Parade, and Jubilation, Tokyo Disneyland’s 25th Anniversary Parade.She also worked with Disney on the 2007 film Enchanted.
- Scenic Designer Rick Papineau is the Vice President of Scenic Elements at Feld Entertainment and is credited for leading the creation of life-like versions of the characters from Disney/Pixar’s Cars that move on ice for Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy. He served as scenic designer for Disney Live! Mickey’s Rockin’ Road Show, Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival, Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best Live Tour Ever!, Feld Motor Sports’ Nuclear Cowboyz SMand Ringling Bros. Presents Fully Charged, Gold Edition.
- Lighting Designer Sam Doty has assisted in building and planning every Feld Entertainment production since 2006 including Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy, Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival, three editions of Ringling Bros., and most recently, Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever!
- Musical Director David Killinger is the music director for Feld Entertainment, overseeing all aspects of music for Ringling Bros., Disney On Ice, Disney Live! and Nuclear Cowboyz. He has conducted the Ringling Bros. circus band for over 10,000 performances.Conductor, composer, arranger and trumpet player, Killinger has performed for millions of people worldwide, including six American presidents.
To find out more about Disney Junior Live On Tour! Pirate and Princess Adventure and to purchase tickets, visit disneyjuniorlive.com, or visit us on Facebook at Disney Live! and follow us on Twitter @DisneyLive!For more information about Disney Live!, members of the media should visit www.feldentertainment.com.