Guests can save on tickets to La Nouba™ by Cirque du Soleil® for performances Tuesday through Saturday nights now through Dec. 16, 2017 when you book by Dec.16, 2017. Tickets start as low as $49 for Category 4 seating.
Don’t miss the chance to experience this unforgettable show before it takes its final bow on Dec. 31, 2017. La Nouba transforms the ordinary into the extraordinary. Behold a stunning Cirque du Soleil performance designed to stimulate your imagination and senses with daring acrobatics, dazzling choreography and unique characters – exclusively at Disney Springs.
Tickets and seating subject to availability. Offer is not valid for previously purchased tickets, gift certificates and may not be combined with any other discounts. Ticket prices do not include tax and are non-refundable. Please arrive a minimum of 30 minutes prior to show time to allow ample time to park.
Walt Disney World Resort guests are invited to join the fun when the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival turns 22 from Aug. 31-Nov. 13, 2017. On Oct. 1, Epcot will celebrate its 35th anniversary, and this year’s festival will feature, for the first time, 35 global dine-around marketplaces. Guests will discover delicious ethnic and specialty cuisine, refreshing new beverages and more concerts and musical acts than ever.
The record 75-day festival at Disney’s Epcot theme park will include five new Future World marketplaces featuring fresh culinary concepts to pair with select wines, beers, cocktails and other beverages. ABC’s Emmy Award-winning lifestyle series, “The Chew,” will broadcast from the festival for the third year and will again showcase dishes inspired by “The Chew” show hosts. The festival is believed to be the largest food and wine event of its kind in the world.
Here are some fun facts about the 22nd festival celebration.
- Now 75 days long, the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival began in 1996 with a first run of 30 days
- At the 2017 festival, 35 global marketplaces will include five new marketplaces to help celebrate 35 years of Epcot –they include Active Eats, Coastal Eats, Flavors from Fire and Light Lab, all expanding into the park’s Future World area. The Almond Orchard, hosted by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, is the fifth new marketplace located along the World Showcase promenade
- Producers of ABC’s “The Chew” will tape 5 episodes of the show before 5 festival guest audiences numbering in the hundreds for each show Oct. 4-6 against a backdrop of the park’s iconic Spaceship Earth
- The 22nd festival will feature 39 new marketplace dishes and 65 new cocktails, beers, wines and ciders
- This year, more than 50 domestic and international wines will be offered at global marketplaces
- More than 50 wineries and more than 35 breweries from around the world, including local craft beer operations, will be represented at festival marketplaces
- The new “Disney Food and Wine Festivals Coast to Coast Cookbook” by Pam Brandon and the Disney Chefs features 50 irresistible recipes, 26 recipes from the Epcot festival global marketplaces and 24 from Disney’s California Adventure
- 5 Party for the Senses grand tastings will take place at World Showplace during the festival run. In all, the festival will feature 177 premium events ranging from Signature Dinners and Food & Wine Pairings to “What’s Cookin’ With” and additional festival events in World Showcase pavilions and Walt Disney World resorts
- Guest chefs and Disney chefs numbering 197 will present culinary demonstrations and will cook for festival events
- Celebrity chefs and visiting culinarians from 11 countries and 23 U.S. states will participate in the festival at culinary demos, book signings, and special tasting events and dinners
- 379 culinary demos, beverage and interactive seminars will take place during the 75-day festival. That’s equal to more than 6,360 hours of scheduled seminars at the Festival Center. These include the fun-filled Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It! interactive events, plus more
- During Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak festival scavenger hunt, guests can help Remy scour the park for the ingredients to make his signature dish, ratatouille. Along the way, they’ll find 15 Remy statuettes hidden throughout World Showcase and the global marketplaces. Guests can purchase their map and stickers at select merchandise locations, then take their completed maps to Disney Traders at the entrance to World Showcase or World Traveler at International Gateway to choose a new surprise, compliments of Chef Remy
- 225 Eat to the Beat concerts will be performed;11 musical acts will appear for the first time at this year’s festival featuring entertainment ranging from rock and soul to funk and blues
- The Festival Passport (previously called the Marketplace Discovery Passport) was introduced in 2010 for the 15th annual festival; today, the complimentary passport will feature pages with all 35 festival marketplaces and other outdoor food and beverage locations with special festival offerings such as Refreshment Cool Post, Fife & Drum Tavern and Refreshment Port
- More than 1,200 fireworks will explode each night over World Showcase Lagoon in IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth nightime spectacular
- 100,000-plus desserts, including Passion Fruit Cheesecake with Toasted Macadamia Nuts (new at Hawaii) and Sweet Olive Oil Cake with Powdered Sugar and Lemon Curd (new at Spain), are expected to be served
- In 1997, during the festival’s second year, festival planners introduced the first Grand Tasting culinary extravaganza; in 2002, the event was renamed and moved to World Showplace as Party for the Senses, now featuring dozens of food and beverage stations and, in 2017, confirmed seating for all guests plus new and different themed entertainment and surprises for each event
Starting Aug. 13, 2017, Walt Disney World® Resort will relaunch Mission: SPACE with a brand new experience and an enhanced version of the “classic” attraction.
- If guests think they’ve got “the right stuff,” they can take on the Orange Mission for a truly intense experience that lets them feel the force of an actual space launch en route to Mars. On this mission, they’ll dodge meteoroids, slingshot around the moon and attempt a precision landing on the Red Planet’s alien surface. This “mission” has been enhanced with new, HD video to make it even clearer.
- Or, guests can embark on the more family-friendly Green Mission – a new mission that takes them on an exciting orbit around Earth. On this amazing new adventure, they’ll take in sites like the Hawaiian Islands, Italy’s “boot” and the Northern Lights—as seen from space, of course—before finally landing at Kennedy Space Center in Florida. No matter which mission guests choose, it’ll be a journey that’s totally out of this world.
In addition to all the “mission” updates, our partners at Walt Disney Imagineering have also made this attraction MORE family-friendly. Younger astronauts can now ride – the height restriction will be changed for the Green Mission side with the addition of new X-2 booster seats allowing children 40-44” to ride.
Debuting this fall, the new Grand Avenue area at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® is being re-imagined by Walt Disney Imagineers to capture the spirit of present-day Downtown Los Angeles, showing vintage office buildings and warehouses representing the different vibrant districts and cultures of the city. One prominent hot spot to spring up is the Baseline Tap House, a cheerful corner pub specializing in beer and wines from California.
In a quaint brick building, Baseline Tap House celebrates the revitalization of Downtown Los Angeles by paying homage to the building’s former life as the Figueroa Printing Company, a mom-and-pop print house that had ties to the Disney studios in nearby Burbank. The space retains many of its cool architectural and mechanical details with exposed walls and old printing equipment and artifacts, blending the past and present in an inviting space. Outside is a charming tree-shaded terrace, perfect for a relaxing break in the day.
California craft ales, lagers and cider are the stars of the drink menu. California wines on tap along with specialty cocktails are not to be missed either. A gourmet non-alcoholic lemonade and soda on tap round out the drink selection.
Guests can even try one of the small bites, including a Bavarian pretzel with mustard and beer-cheese fondue, spiced almonds or a charcuterie board featuring California cheeses.
Baseline Tap House will open daily at 11 a.m.
With Disney fanatics all over the world, it’s sometimes difficult for fans to discover anything new. For the die-hards, we bring you the nacho challenge at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe.
Starting later this month at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort and Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, the Minnie Van service is a whimsical, point-to-point transportation service that will help guests get around Walt Disney World Resort in a jiffy. Guests can order their own private Disney vehicle right from their smartphone and a Disney Cast Member will drive them wherever they want to go around Walt Disney World Resort. (David Roark, photographer)
With Magic Shots from Disney PhotoPass Service, guests can transform their photos into unique keepsakes as they recreate a favorite movie moment, enjoy their vacation with a Disney Character, or react to a fun surprise. All they need is a little imagination – and a PhotoPass photographer!
Whether guests want to take numerous Magic Shots or just a favorite, there’s a new way to locate these photo opportunities. PhotoPass now has one place where you and guests can discover which Magic Shots are currently available within each of the four theme parks at Walt Disney World® Resort.
To check it out, head over to the Disney PhotoPass Service Facebook page, navigate to the Photos tab, and then to the Albums. There’s now a photo album showing each park’s current Magic Shot offerings and where they can typically be found.
Magic Shots are included as part of an active Memory Maker entitlement. They can also be purchased individually at MyDisneyPhotoPass.com.
Please note that Magic Shot offerings are subject to change and photographer availability.
From culinary demos to brunches, seminars and the fabulous Party for the Senses, it’s time to book ahead for the special ticketed events at Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival at Walt Disney World® Resort.
Expanding to 75 days, the festival runs Aug. 31-Nov. 13, 2017. Popular series like the “Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It!” hands-on workshops are back, plus daily culinary demos and beverage seminars and cheese seminars on select Saturdays in the Festival Center. And extra-special dining and pairing events are happening at a number of Epcot World Showcase restaurants.
Party for the Senses grand tasting event is back on select Saturdays, an extravaganza of food, drink and entertainment that’s a real delight. More intimate premium events happen in the Disney resorts, like the Grand Floridian Brunch With a Twist and Culinary Adventures with a Master Chef at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
Call 407-939-3378 for more details!
Be sure to visit Epcot® soon and revisit Universe of Energy one more time. Because on August 13, this ride through a primeval world will go extinct.
Don’t miss your chance to relive this dazzling adventure through classic Hollywood. The movie magic ends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® on August 13.