B-ROLL: Super Bowl LII Parade at Magic Kingdom
Archive for Walt Disney World
“Love is an open door” to all kinds of options for the most romantic week of the year at Walt Disney World Resort, giving a whole new meaning to the popular duet from Frozen. Whether it’s a night out with that special someone, a “galentine’s” evening or special moments shared with friends, the options for romance and fun are practically endless. Here are 14 enchanting and memorable things to do this Valentine’s Day at the Most Magical Place on Earth.
- Epcot International Festival of the Arts: Guests can celebrate romance with a brush stroke of sense-tempting activities during this Epcot festival that celebrates the visual, culinary and performing arts. The festival runs now through Feb. 19 and offers everything from sparkly, bubbly drinks to imaginative works of art and performances by Broadway stars. Some of the enticing festival tastes include Le Coucher de Soleil at L’Art de la Cuisine Food Studio in the France Pavilion. This sunset mango and raspberry cake is a must-have!
- The Edison: Swing by this lavish, “industrial gothic”-style hotspot for classic American cuisine, craft cocktails, live music and jazz-inspired performances. There’s no better place to evoke the romantic, adult side of Disney Springs than this new restaurant and bar inspired by the decadent lifestyle of the Roaring ‘20s.
- Delicious Dinner Experiences:The magic of Disney dining brings romance to the table with special Valentine’s Day prix fixe menus that include optional wine pairing, themed desserts and drinks at select restaurants at Walt Disney World Resort hotels. Couples can share unforgettable meals at some of the swankiest restaurants on property such as Narcoossee’s and Cítricos at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Yachtsman Steakhouse at Disney’s Yacht Club, Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Jiko at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. For reservations, call (407) 939-1947 or visit disneyworld.com/dining.
- Sneak a Smooch at the Parks: Disney theme parks are filled with countless romantic spots to share with a loved one. But some of them might not be on lovers’ radars! The Magic Carpets of Aladdin at Magic Kingdom provides the perfect place to sneak a romantic kiss while flying high over Agrabah.
- Dreamy Photo Ops: A stroll down Main Street, U.S.A. at Magic Kingdom Park can quickly turn into an impromptu photo session, and Mickey-shaped balloons are the perfect prop. After the sun sets, guests can pose under the lanterns of Rapunzel’s tower in Fantasyland for another Insta-worthy shot. There are literally hundreds of unforgettable photo locations.
- Sweets at Amorette’s Patisserie: Experience romance in all its sugary deliciousness at this artsy and sophisticated pastry shop located at Disney Springs. Chocolate covered strawberries? Check. French champagne? Check. Eleven layers of red velvet cake? Yes, please.
- Kilimanjaro Safaris at Sunset: At Disney’s Animal Kingdom, guests can experience this popular attraction in a whole new light. Travel to the tranquility of the African savanna and see an array of exotic animals under the setting sun. After all, nothing says romance like the glow of twilight’s golden hour.
- Venezia Champagne Cruises: It’s a whole new world aboard a beautiful, 40-foot Italian water taxi that launches from Disney Springs to sail the waters of Lake Buena Vista. Each sailing comes complete with chocolate-covered strawberries and a champagne toast to christen the occasion in style. No trip to Italy necessary! To book call (407) 939-2628.
- Get Pampered at Senses Spa: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort are both home to the finest, most indulgent experiences at Walt Disney World Resort – Senses Spa. At either location, guests will find a full selection of therapies and treatments. Couples can enjoy a romantic massage for two. The spas are also great for creating an unforgettable girls’ day out.
- Creative Gift Ideas at Disney Springs: It’s easy to get creative with gift giving at Disney Springs. For the special guy who needs a little pampering, The Art of Shaving is the place. This handsome shop features high-end grooming products for the modern man. Guys can even get a haircut and shave onsite in The Barber Shop.
- Carriage Rides at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground: Couples looking for rustic romance can relax on a horse-drawn carriage ride through the pine and cypress forests of Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground where deer, rabbits, ducks and even wild turkeys like to roam. To learn more, visit disneyworld.com/recreation
- Unforgettable Engagements: The romantic and magical ambiance of Walt Disney World makes it the perfect place to pop the big question. Those looking for new and creative places for a truly memorable proposal should consider proposing at Cinderella’s Royal Table at Magic Kingdom or during IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth near the Italy Pavilion at Epcot. The Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings & Honeymoons team can also help guests plan the perfect proposal. To learn more, visit disneyweddings.com/engagements. Adding even more magical romance, Freeform TV will broadcast a special airing of “Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings” on February 14, featuring an unforgettable engagement at Walt Disney World Resort (check local listings for broadcast times).
- Romantic Stroll at Disney’s BoardWalk: Guests can experience the timeless charm of Disney’s BoardWalk, a quarter-mile promenade of exquisite dining, unique shops and exciting nightlife. And only on Valentine’s Day, the recently redesigned Flying Fish will offer diners a magical prix fixe menu that includes everything from filet mignon, lobster tail and even a delicious fondue for two. For reservations, call (407) 939-1947 or visit disneyworld.com/dining.
- Happily Ever After Fireworks: An evening around the Most Magical Place on Earth isn’t complete without experiencing Happily Ever After – the newest and most spectacular fireworks showcase in Magic Kingdom history. Guests can experience the magic of beloved Disney movies firsthand—and be inspired to find their own happily ever after.
Philadelphia Eagles Super Bowl Hero Nick Foles “Going to Disney World’’ Following His Team’s Upset Victory To Capture The NFL Championship
In the frenzy of the on-field merriment after helping lead his Philadelphia Eagles to a 41-33 upset win over New England in Super Bowl LII in Minneapolis, quarterback Nick Foles turned to the cameras and shouted five famous words etched in sports lore:
“I’m going to Disney World!”
Foles’ pronouncement followed a standout performance Sunday in which he threw three touchdown passes and he, himself, caught a TD pass on a trick play – becoming the first quarterback in Super Bowl history to do that – to help bring Philadelphia its first league championship. A backup quarterback most of the season, Foles lived out a true Cinderella story, passing for 373 yards in a game that saw the most combined yards ever gained in an NFL post-season game.
And the performance anchors a remarkable broadcast achievement: a Disney Parks commercial that will be produced and aired in the immediate hours following the game on network and cable TV, the latest example from Disney Parks of the true power of magic.
Foles’ visit to Disney World will continue a Disney Parks tradition that began 31 years ago, in 1987. Foles is scheduled for a celebration parade Monday at the Magic Kingdom before throngs of cheering Eagles fans and park guests lining Main Street, U.S.A.
Monday marks the first time an Eagles player will participate in the Super Bowl parade at Disney. The team was winless in two previous Super Bowl appearances.
Foles joins a distinguished history of heroes from the sports world and beyond who have celebrated a major achievement at either Walt Disney World Resort in Florida or Disneyland Resort in California.
This February, take a fresh approach to celebrating Valentine’s Day, Galentine’s Day (Feb. 13) or any fun night out with friends by exploring what’s new at Disney Springs.
Recently recognized by The New York Times as one of the top places to go in 2018, Disney Springs is home to Central Florida’s hottest new restaurant and entertainment venues. It’s the place to set sail for romance aboard a stunning 40-foot Venetian water taxi or treat friends to a vintage amphicar ride. And it’s the destination for one-of-a-kind entertainment that ranges from a hyper-reality Star Wars experience and luxury bowling to an eclectic array of street performers and live entertainment.
Here are some memorable ways to surprise your Valentine, gal pals or best friends this month – or any other time of the year.
From Romantic to Electrifying Dining
In honor of Valentine’s Day, a number of restaurants at Disney Springs are offering special menu items. The list includes surf-and-turf for two at STK Orlando, fresh catch selections at Paddlefish, a delectable special menu at Paradiso 37 and a specialty cocktail at Morimoto Asia.
Friends and lovers can also check out some brand-new Disney Springs restaurants. Guests can share plates of spaghetti and other tasty Italian dishes at the new Maria & Enzo’s Ristorante. Following the Disney Springs story line, this chic restaurant is set in a once-abandoned airline terminal from the 1930s. The open and airy dining room features 50-foot ceilings and views of Lake Buena Vista. For a more casual experience, head below ground to Enzo’s Hideaway – a speakeasy located in storied rum-runner tunnels – that serves up Prohibition-era cocktails and hearty Roman dishes.
Next door, The Edison dials up the excitement with electrifying entertainment, craft cocktails and contemporary American fare. At night, this “industrial Gothic”-themed space transforms into a nightlife hot spot with weekends featuring live bands, cabaret dancers and aerialists. Visit TheEdisonFLA.com for more details.
These are just some of the options at Disney Springs, which is home to more than 50 food and beverage locations including five by James Beard Award-winning chefs. To book dining reservations, call 407-WDW-DINE or contact the restaurants directly.
More to See and Do Together
Shared time together is arguably the best gift of all. At Disney Springs the options for sharing time with friends or that special someone are off the charts.
Venture to The VOID and embark on the new hyper-reality, multi-sensory experience, Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire. In groups of four, teams suit up and go undercover as Stormtroopers to capture imperial intelligence vital to the budding rebellion’s survival. The experience is untethered and unbelievable. Tickets are available now at TheVOID.com.
At The BOATHOUSE, couples can set sail on The Venezia, a breathtaking Italian water taxi, for a romantic guided tour of Disney Springs complete with chocolate-covered strawberries and a champagne toast. There are also vintage amphicar rides – rare vehicles that travel both on land and in the water.
Other favorite hotspots for a fun night out include Splitsville Luxury Lanes, a modern upscale bowling alley, and AMC Fork & Screen Dine-in Theatres. Or, simply stroll the promenade and catch some of live performers and entertainment – more than 25 acts nightly.
Nothing says Valentine’s Day better than chocolate. Stop by The Ganachery and watch expert chocolatiers create richly exotic treats. Sample in store and take home an elegant, hand-packaged gift box for that special someone. Decadent hot-fudge sundaes – perfect for sharing – can be found at the world-famous Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop. There is also a gallery of goodies at Amorette’s Patisserie – a sophisticated pastry shop filled with Disney-inspired cakes, cookies, cheesecake, macarons and eclairs.
Step beyond everyday gift giving
It’s easy to get creative with gift giving at Disney Springs. For the guy who likes a little pampering there’s The Art of Shaving. This handsome shop features high-end grooming products for the modern man. Guys can even get a haircut and shave onsite in The Barber Shop.
Ladies will enjoy the fairytale ambiance of Ever After Jewelry Co. & Accessories, the ultimate destination for Disney-themed baubles, handbags and fashion. For elegant fine jewelry and designer watches, Luxury of Time by Diamonds International offers a wide selection in their upscale boutique.
Complimentary self-parking is available at all Disney Springs garages and surface lots. Walt Disney World Resort guests enjoy complimentary transportation between their Disney Resort hotels and Disney Springs.
This summer, beloved stories from several Disney films will come to life at Walt Disney World® Resort in the form of new attractions, entertainment, experiences and more at all four parks, setting up summer 2018 to truly be an “Incredible Summer.”
Here’s what you can expect at each Walt Disney World Resort location.
The Incredibles Take Over Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom® Park – You can party with Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, and Frozone from Disney•Pixar’s “The Incredibles” and the soon-to-be blockbuster “Incredibles 2.” Edna Mode, the greatest superhero costume designer, will also make her debut appearance. Each evening, you can enjoy a “SUPER” dance party on the Rocket Tower Stage. [NOTE: Disney•Pixar’s “Incredibles 2” opens in theaters June 15, 2018.]
The Guardians of the Galaxy Take the Stage at Epcot® – StarLord, and Gamora from “The Guardians of the Galaxy” will join an alien band, taking you on a journey through the cosmos. The party will feature hits from Awesome Mix Tapes 1 and 2 – fun and favorite tunes from the two movies’ soundtracks – building the anticipation for a new Epcot Guardians of the Galaxy attraction.
“Adventurers Meet UP! A Great Bird Adventure” & A “Dino-Tastic” Celebration for Donald Duck Will Debut At Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park – Two new can’t-miss offerings will debut at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in time for the park’s 20th anniversary. First, you can discover new bird species from around the world at the new show “Adventurers Meet UP! A Great Bird Adventure,” which will star Senior Wilderness Explorer Russell and his furry friend Dug. The park will also launch a “dino-tastic” celebration, in which Donald Duck takes over Dinoland, U.S.A., in a new character celebration.
See “The Incredibles 2” at AMC Disney Springs® – Everyone’s favorite family of superheroes is back in “Incredibles 2” – but this time Helen is in the spotlight, while Bob navigates the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life at home with Violet, Dash and baby Jack-Jack, whose superpowers are emerging. When a new villain hatches a brilliant and dangerous plot, the family and Frozone must find a way to work together again—which is easier said than done, even when they’re all Incredible. “Incredibles 2” busts into theaters on June 15, 2018.
And last, but not least …
Toy Story Land Opens at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® – One major highlight of “Incredible Summer” will be the grand opening of Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This new 11-acre land will shrink guests to the size of a toy and allow them go explore the fun and adventure of Andy’s backyard. There, you can experience two new attractions: the family coaster Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers. Toy Story Land also will feature an existing guest-favorite attraction, Toy Story Mania!, which will expand to add a third track into the rotation. The land’s Woody’s Lunch Box will be a new quick-service restaurant that will o
Master Sommelier George Miliotes will bring his renowned wine expertise to Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort when his new venture, Wine Bar George, opens in spring 2018. Wine Bar George will be the only Master Sommelier-led wine bar in Florida.
Miliotes is widely regarded as one of the restaurant industry’s foremost wine experts with accolades and awards from national publications including Wine Spectator. Miliotes is no stranger to Walt Disney World Resort – he was part of the opening team of California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and managed the venue from 1995 to 2002. While there, he met and worked alongside Ron Rupert, who will serve as the Executive Chef for Wine Bar George.
“I’m thrilled that Ron is joining our team and I’m looking forward to working with him again,” Miliotes said. “Ron is incredibly creative, and his expertise will bring a menu that’s designed to complement the wine list. With our menu, guests will have the opportunity to explore endless food and wine pairings.”
Rupert began his culinary career at Walt Disney World Resort in 1988. He was part of the opening team of California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, where he teamed with Miliotes and Chef Clifford Pleau. During his 14 years at Walt Disney World Resort, Rupert was also part of the opening teams at Jiko – The Cooking Place at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge and Ariel’s at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. Rupert and Miliotes have worked closely to create a menu that will pair with a wine list of more than 100 selections by the bottle and glass.
“The menu will include a selection of small plates, sharable plates, cheese and charcuterie boards, and desserts. Offerings will feature seasonally relevant items and everything will be made in-house,” Rupert said. “I’ve worked jointly with George to develop a menu that represents both global and local cuisine. Guests can expect to experience food that is familiar, yet new all at once.”
When the two-story 210-seat wine bar opens, it will join a growing and remarkable group of dining, shopping and entertainment offerings at Disney Springs. The design for the 6,000-square-foot space will be similar to a winemaker’s home estate with a welcoming, comfortable atmosphere.
“Guests will experience a feel reminiscent of the ‘Old World’ as if they are on the bottom floor of a gravity-flow winery surrounded by their best friends,” explains Miliotes. “The upstairs floor includes seating for groups of all sizes, space for private events and sweeping views of Disney Springs.”
Future patrons can expect their experience to include wine education, which will be served up in an approachable and fun manner. Every part of the Wine Bar George experience, including special events and visits from renowned winemakers, will educate and enlighten guests about food and wine.
Wine Bar George is currently accepting applications for positions online. Interested applicants can visit winebargeorge.com/join-our-team/ for more information. Follow George @WineBarGeorge on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and join the #WineBarGeorge conversation. Visit WineBarGeorge.com for news and updates.
The Star Wars: Galactic Nights one-night special event will return to Disney’s Hollywood Studios® at Walt Disney World® Resort on May 27, 2018.
Star Wars: Galactic Nights is a thrilling Star Wars-themed event held after park hours from 7 p.m.-midnight. It celebrates the entire Star Wars saga with out-of-this-world entertainment, special photo opportunities, event-exclusive merchandise and F&B, and encounters with rarely seen characters that guests can only experience during Star Wars: Galactic Nights.
- Star Wars: Galactic Destinations Projections Transform The Hollywood Tower Hotel – Visible on the Sunset Boulevard area of the park the facade of the Hollywood Tower Hotel will transform via stunning projection technology to showcase familiar locations from across the galaxy. Favorite film moments, special effects, lighting, and of course the stellar Star Wars cinematic score supports each galactic location moment all night long. Star Wars Galactic Destinations is currently an event exclusive.
- Existing Star Wars Entertainment Will Debut New Enhancements – The park’s existing Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks and the Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show will both debut new saga elements for the first time during Star Wars: Galactic Nights.
- Special Photo Ops – Throughout the park, guests can step into immersive and iconic scenes from their favorite Star Wars films in a series of incredibly detailed photo locations. These special photo ops will only be available at Disney’s Hollywood Studios during Star Wars: Galactic Nights
- Character Encounters – Expect to encounter Star Wars characters from throughout the galaxy. Guests will also be able to view an Imperial Stormtrooper March with Darth Vader.
- Exclusive Food & Beverage offerings – Taste your way around the galaxy with specialty food and beverage offerings created for Galactic Nights. Inspired by the stories and iconic characters of Star Wars, these tasting-sized sips and bites bring a delectable addition to this event.
- Enjoy park attractions – Select attractions will be open to all guests – and some may even offer a special Star Wars twist on May 27 only.
Egg-Stravaganza Returns, New Honey Bee Scavenger Hunt Added to Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
The popular Egg-stravaganza scavenger hunt is coming back to the Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival. Today we’re sharing first details on this springtime egg-sperience as well as an ALL-NEW Spike the Honey Bee scavenger hunt.
From March 16-April 1, 2018 guests visiting the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival can participate in our Egg-stravaganza scavenger hunt – hunting high and low in World Showcase for “eggs” that portray favorite Disney characters.
As guests find the hidden Disney Character-themed “eggs” in the park, they can record their discoveries by placing a corresponding sticker on a specially themed Egg-stravaganza map. Maps and stickers can be purchased for $5.99, plus tax at the following parks and locations:
- Disney Trader
- Pin Central
- World Traveler
When guests find all of the “eggs” and complete their scavenger hunt map, they then return it to Disney Traders for a sp-egg-tacular surprise.
Also, along with our egg-cellent adventure, we’re featuring a new springtime scavenger hunt called Spike’s Pollen Nation Exploration. In this hunt, Disney’s favorite honey bee, Spike, has been pollinating his way around the festival, giving gardeners of any age the chance to follow his pollination trail around World Showcase at Epcot.
It’s easy to start this new scavenger hunt. Guests can pick up a garden map and stickers at Port of Entry. Then, it’s time to look for Spike!
As guests explore the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, be on the lookout for Spike as he pollinates Epcot’s gardens. In each garden, guests have to search for the plant Spike has pollinated, identifiable by Spike himself and a Spike’s Pollen Nation Exploration plant stake. Once guests find him, they can add the corresponding sticker to their map.
After guests journey is complete, they can return their map for a springtime surprise.
Maps and stickers for Spike’s Pollen Nation Exploration can be purchased for $5.99, plus tax at Port of Entry.
For more information on the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, visit epcotinspring.com.
Ballast Point & More Exciting Changes Coming to Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort in 2018
The Downtown Disney® District at the Disneyland® Resort is continuing its ambitious, promenade-wide transformation in 2018. Multiple new venues and significant refurbishments to marquee dining and retail locations, including the World of Disney store, will be completed throughout the year while Downtown Disney District remains open to Guests. The result will be a fresh, one-of-a-kind Disney experience, immersing your Clients by day and night in the greatest mix of family-friendly dining, shopping and entertainment.
Wildly popular San Diego-based brewer Ballast Point will open its first Orange County location in Downtown Disney District later this year. Ballast Point pairs its high-quality, award-winning beers with an extensive menu of Southern California cuisine—salads, small plates, flatbreads and entrees featuring local, sustainable and seasonal ingredients. The space will house the first-ever on-site brewery, tasting room, kitchen and outdoor beer garden at Downtown Disney District. Construction is scheduled to begin soon, across from Catal Restaurant and Uva Bar.
Recently opened in Downtown Disney District is the multi-sensory experience Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire by ILMxLAB and The VOID. The hyper-reality experience transports guests deep into the Star Wars universe, allowing them to walk freely and untethered throughout the space.
Other exciting experiences slated to open in 2018 include:
- World of Disney will be reimagined into a new, dynamic and distinctly Disney retail environment. The flagship store will remain open to Guests for shopping during the majority of the refurbishment, with work expected to be completed in phases throughout 2018.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes will offer a unique combination of dining, drinks, bowling and entertainment. Opening on Jan. 29, 2019.
- Disney Home will offer fans a variety of Disney-themed home goods. Opening in February 2018.
- Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria will undergo renovations to expand its outside patio with a new outside bar. Inside, three wood burning ovens will be installed to better meet guests’ demands for authentic Napoletana-style pizza pies. The restaurant will remain open throughout construction, which is slated to be completed in fall 2018.
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer will serve its award-winning burgers and signature CrazyShake™ milkshakes in a casual atmosphere. Opening later this year.
And your Clients can visit other locations at Downtown Disney District, including The LEGO Store, Curl Surf, Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, Sephora, Sprinkles, PANDORA Jewelry, The Dream Boutique and more.
Magic Kingdom® Park is once again hosting Disney After Hours events on select nights through March. Available to a limited number of Guests, Disney After Hours allows participants to maximize their time in the park with quicker access to over 25 popular attractions and character greetings. Ice cream novelties, popcorn and bottled beverages, included with event admission, are available during the three-hour event.
Remaining event dates include:
- Jan. 26 and 30
- Feb. 8 and 15
- March 1 and 8
Please note that Disney After Hours does not replace Extra Magic Hours (EMH) for our resort Guests and are instead held on non-EMH dates.
Only a limited number of tickets are available for each night, so be sure to purchase tickets by calling the Disney Reservation Center at 407-827-7185 or visiting the Disney Travel Agents website. The advance ticket price is $119 per adult or child