Guests are having a “flurry of fun” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios this holiday season. This park-wide celebration includes Sunset Seasons Greetings, an immersive new nighttime experience that wraps all of Sunset Boulevard in holiday magic with jolly decorations; the nightly “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” projection and fireworks show; a chance to meet Santa Claus; seasonal treats and more.
Archive for Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Disclaimer: This post includes new information about the “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” film.
We’re nearly a month away from the debut of the highly anticipated film, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” – and the return of the Star Wars Galactic Nights event to Disney’s Hollywood Studios®.
Some thrilling updates to this year’s event were just announced moments ago on “The Star Wars Show” on StarWars.com that we had to share with you, as this year’s Star Wars Galactic Nights is truly a can’t-miss offering.
Actor David Collins will also appear at the event to host a special “Inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge” panel discussion with members of the Walt Disney Imagineering and Lucasfilm team. The panel, which will include Scott Trowbridge, Portfolio Creative Executive at Walt Disney Imagineering; Robin Reardon, Executive Creative Producer at Walt Disney Imagineering; Chris Beatty, Executive Creative Director at Walt Disney Imagineering and Doug Chiang, VP/Creative Director at Lucasfilm, will give guests an inside look at the making of the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge lands currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disneyland® Park. Attendees will also get an exclusive peek into the progress being made and learn what it’s like to bring the epic saga to life in the theme parks.
Guests can’t miss Star Wars: Galactic Destinations on the Sunset Boulevard area of the park. Through state-of-the-art projections, the facade of the Hollywood Tower Hotel will transform to showcase stunning locations from across the galaxy. Favorite film moments, special effects, lighting, and of course the stellar Star Wars cinematic score supports each galactic location moment all evening long.
Star Wars Galactic Nights will also be a great opportunity for guests to celebrate the release of the Star Wars: The Last Jedi at different park attractions, such as the Star Wars Launch Bay, Star Wars: Path of the Jedi and “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular,” which will debut new touches inspired by the film that night.
Previously announced event offerings include: The Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks and Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show, which will both be enhanced with special elements from the entire saga; park-wide photo ops, including three new backdrops inspired by Star Wars Rebels, Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge; encounters with Star Wars characters; specialty food and beverage and merchandise, and much more. Guests are also welcome to dress in their favorite Star Wars attire – please be sure to check our costuming guidelines. Attendees can also enjoy little-to-no wait-times at some of the park’s most iconic attractions.
Park access and activities will be exclusive to Star Wars: Galactic Nights ticket holders. Event hours on Dec. 16 are 7 p.m.-midnight. Tickets are priced at $129 adults, $124 ages 3-9. Star Wars: Galactic Nights tickets are available by calling 407-W-DISNEY (407 934-7639).
Guests can get wrapped up in a Flurry of Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® Nov. 9 – Dec. 31, 2017 with the return of the nighttime favorite Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! and new holiday happenings around the park including:
- Sunset Seasons Greetings – This new nighttime holiday experience features spectacular projections of Mickey, Minnie and other beloved Disney characters sharing their favorite Christmas stories as a snowy Sunset Boulevard twinkles with stunning holiday decorations. This charming scene becomes enchanted with holiday magic that brings billboards to life and transforms the famous Hollywood Tower Hotel into a giant pile of Christmas gifts, a gingerbread house and a frozen winter wonderland! A frosty summer-loving snowman might even make an appearance to share his holiday wish! The fantastic and heartwarming experience runs continuously throughout the night.
- Enhanced holiday décor around Echo Lake – Extra-large ornaments, colorful garlands and a giant Christmas tree centered on the water will make Echo Lake the merriest of places this holiday season. Even Dinosaur Gertie will be dressed for the occasion with a dino-Santa hat.
- A new friend joins the cast of ‘For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration’ – The holiday fun continues as Anna, Elsa and Kristoff welcome Olaf to the sing-along celebration, featuring for a limited time all-new songs from Disney’s new animated short “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure” at Hyperion Theater.
Many returning favorites will be a part of the Flurry of Fun this holiday season including:
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! – The hit holiday show returns Nov. 9, 2017 sending beloved Disney animated characters on a spirited yuletide adventure to get Santa back to the North Pole in time for Christmas Eve. “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” combines state-of-the-art projections, fireworks, special effects and Christmas music to create a dazzling, one-of-a-kind holiday experience for Guests – capped by a special message from Santa himself.
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Dessert Party – Guests can wrap up their jolly holiday evening with reserved viewing of the “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” holiday spectacular. This dessert party includes holiday-inspired snacks, delicious desserts, wine, beer, and specialty alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages while mingling with a VIP Disney Character. This fun-filled holiday event is being offered Nov. 9-Dec. 30, 2017. Book online or call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463.
- Minnie’s Holiday Dine at Hollywood and Vine – Meet Minnie, Mickey, Daisy, Donald and Goofy for lunch and dinner celebrations centered on seasonal deliciousness. From Nov. 6-Jan. 7, 2017, the mouse-with-the-mostest will deck the halls for a banquet filled with holiday cheer and the joy of the season! To make a reservation, check availability online or call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463.
- Santa Claus returns to the Once Upon a Time shop Nov. 9-Dec. 24, 2017. The beautiful and vintage setting reflects the bygone days of Santa’s visits to the great department stores across the country. Santa Goofy will step in for Old Saint Nick when he returns to the North Pole Dec. 25 -31, 2017.
With new experiences, beloved characters and festive holiday treat, this holiday season is the most wonderful time of year at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Is the ‘Hollywood Toy Hotel’ coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios this Christmas? Well … sort of.
Sunset Seasons Greetings, a new holiday experience at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, features spectacular projections of Mickey, Minnie and other beloved Disney characters sharing their favorite Christmas stories as a snowy Sunset Boulevard twinkles with stunning holiday decorations. Holiday magic brings billboards to life and transforms the famous Hollywood Tower Hotel into scenes of the season. The experience runs continuously throughout the night. (David Roark)
So how many of you would love to stay at the Hollywood Toy Hotel if it were real? Let us know on Twitter.
Guests to Disney’s Hollywood Studios can now get an insider’s look at the new Toy Story Land that opens at the theme park next summer. The sneak peek is part of the new Walt Disney Presents gallery that opened September 8. The gallery is home to a never-before-seen model of the new land, concept renderings and maquettes of attraction vehicles and icons.
Visitors to the gallery will also discover a model of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – another new land that will open in 2019 – and concept art of the new Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction also under development. Guests will get an idea of all the fun and exciting adventures being conjured up as part of a multi-year expansion of Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Walt Disney Presents – renamed and reimagined from the former One Man’s Dream attraction – offers a self-guided stroll through Disney history. From Mickey Mouse to the Magic Kingdoms, guests are transported into the life and legacy of the man who started it all – Walt Disney.
From sketches, photos and storyboards to models, costumes, artwork, props and more, Walt Disney Presents is a Disney history book open wide. On display in this multimedia, interactive space is the original Audio Animatronic Abraham Lincoln from the 1964 New York World’s Fair. Walt’s second grade desk is among dozens of other one-of-a-kind finds on view. A film presentation celebrates his amazing life story.
Walt Disney Presents explores Walt’s boyhood life in small-town America, the founding of his first cartoon studio and his many contributions to the film industry.
Guests see firsthand how his ideas began to grow beyond the silver screen, as he explored the world of three-dimensional entertainment, culminating in the creation of the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. That legacy inspires his namesake company to stay true to his vision of innovation and excellence in the fields of animation, film and television, theme parks, resorts and much more. The new lands and coming attractions at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and theme parks around the globe continue Walt’s legacy.
Walt Disney Presents will also host character greetings as well as special sneak previews of upcoming Disney films. For more information about the new Walt Disney Presents gallery and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, visit DisneyWorld.com.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios B-Roll & Sound Bites: BaseLine Tap House | Walt Disney World News
Take a look at the Exterior of Former Great Movie Ride with Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway Signs.
If you visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios make sure to drop by the Walt Disney Presents Area near Pixar Place to view the’Toy Story Land’ Model & Ride Vehicles.
BaseLine Tap House, a lively corner pub located at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., celebrates the revitalization of Downtown Los Angeles. The pub offers California Craft ales, lagers and cider as the stars of the drink menu, along with California wines on tap and specialty cocktails. A selection of small bites is also available.(David Roark, photographer)