Archive for Disney Parks
Following a festive kick-off to the holidays that began Thanksgiving Day with two new broadcast specials, Disney Parks will close out 2016 with its most cherished seasonal tradition of all – the annual Christmas Day spectacular. “The Disney Parks’ Magical Christmas Celebration” airs Sunday, December 25, 2016, on the ABC Television Network (10a.m. – 12 p.m. ET; airtimes vary; check local listings) and on the ABC and the Disney Channel apps.
Ushering in its 33rd year are the dynamic brother-sister duo from “Dancing with the Stars,” Julianne Hough and Derek Hough, who will present the two-hour ABC special from the Walt Disney World Resort. The season’s most eagerly awaited celebration culminates with the fan-favorite Christmas parade delivered by Disneyland correspondent, Good Morning America’s Jesse Palmer from the action-packed parade lines alongside other exciting celebrity guests.
Beyond offering an all-star performance lineup featuring the biggest names in music and entertainment, the joyous program will provide viewers with a necessary holiday reminder: the importance of family togetherness. Following the inspirational stories of the families introduced in the Thanksgiving Day special, the telecast will feature heartwarming moments between loved ones, reinforcing the notion that Christmas is all about friends and family coming together.
Taking viewers on a magical ride down Main Street U.S.A. and beyond, the Christmas Day festivities will be bigger and brighter than ever before. A complete list of musical performances is included below.
- Alessia Cara performs a “A Holly Jolly Christmas” from Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort
Mariah Carey performs one of the biggest selling holiday songs of all time, “All I Want for Christmas is You” from the Disneyland Resort
- Sofia Carson delivers a new arrangement of “Silent Night” from her Disney Channel performance and also hosts from backstage at Walt Disney World Resort
- Kelly Clarkson performs “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” in front of Cinderella Castle at the Walt Disney World Resort
- Gavin DeGraw sings “Merry Christmas Baby” in front of Cinderella Castle at the Walt Disney World Resort
- Jordan Fisher performs “The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)” from Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort
- OneRepublic performs “Kids” from Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort
- Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks deliver in front of Cinderella Castle at the Walt Disney World Resort solo and duet performances from their new album, “Christmas Together,” out now
In keeping with the spirit of the season, Disney Parks around the world are festively cast with spectacular experiences and special castle lighting moments, making them the perfect destinations for families celebrating the holidays and for the beloved ABC special.
- All four parks of the Walt Disney World Resort get in the holiday spirit with new shows, thrilling spectaculars and beloved characters to create lasting memories. At Magic Kingdom Park, in addition to exciting new entertainment for the special-ticket “Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party,” Cinderella Castle transforms into a shimmering ice palace as Queen Elsa leads “A Frozen Holiday Wish” nightly. At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, an all-new “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” sends beloved Disney characters on a mission to get Santa back to the North Pole in time for Christmas Eve. At Epcot, in addition to global entertainment, guests can explore what the holidays taste like around the world. For its first-ever full holiday celebration, Disney Springs is wrapped in festive décor and entertainment, while dozens of new stores have laid the welcome mat out for holiday shoppers. An all-new nightly spectacle, “Starbright Holidays,” fills the skies above Disney Springs with 300 show drones performing an amazing aerial ballet set to holiday music.
- At Disney California Adventure Park in the Disneyland Resort, a new “Festival of Holidays” treats guests to music, dance, food and heartwarming holiday traditions. The popular World of Color nighttime water spectacular is also transformed into “World of Color – Season of Light” with holiday music and treasured Disney animation. Among a sleigh-full of holiday events and activities at Disneyland Park is “A Christmas Fantasy,” a daily parade of floats, music, tin soldiers and holiday cheer. In addition, Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle creates magical snowfall moments along Main Street, U.S.A.
The 33rd annual Christmas celebration airs nationwide on December 25 at 10 a.m. EST and 9 a.m. CST, MST and PST on the ABC Television Network. The show will also be available on the ABC and the Disney Channel apps.
To stay updated on the Christmas Day telecast on social media, follow along with the #DisneyChristmasCelebration hashtag.
– See more at: http://wdwnews.com/releases/2016/12/14/disney-parks-prepares-for-its-most-magical-christmas-celebration-to-date-tune-in-for-the-star-studded-extravaganza-december-25-on-abc/#sthash.UG1SbVvz.dpuf
From Star Wars to art shows, here’s what to expect in Orlando and beyond.
To be a Disney fan is to know true loyalty.
Those who follow the Walt Way love the brand to no avail—theirs is a fandom that will never end, no matter how many reboots and “live-action re-imaginings” they are forced to endure. If that isn’t dedication, we don’t know what is.
Though 2016 saw the opening of a lot of new attractions, this year saw more than a dozen closures, including the largest one-day mass-closure at a single park in the entire resort’s history.
Love STAR WARS? Love LEGOS? Put them together and you have one awesome show. LEGO STAR WARS The Freemaker Adventures: Complete Season One is now on Blu-ray. This family of scavengers is in a battle against the Empire to restore peace to the galaxy. What I love best about the LEGO STAR WARS computer-animation is the attention to detail. Every part of an actual LEGO comes to life including their finely shaped hairpieces and funny little hands. Fans of Star Wars will love traveling through the galaxy with Zander, Kordi, Rowan, and droid RO-GR. Kids will enjoy the LEGO adventure while adults will love the humor. I found myself laughing out loud at the witty, and sometimes sarcastic, dialogue. This Blu-ray includes all 13 episodes of season one as well as two bonus features. There is also a pack of exclusive magnets. Bringing LEGO and STAR WARS together is a surefire way to bring your whole family together. From youngsters who are new to the Star Wars story to those of us who grew up with the original characters, everyone can have fun watching LEGO STAR WARS The Freemaker Adventures: Complete Season One on Blu-ray. So use the force and go out and get yourself a copy.
Bravo to Disney for creating another inspirational character. Princess Elena of Avalor is a powerful young woman ready to rule her kingdom. Disney’s ELENA OF AVALOR: READY TO RULE is now on DVD, just in time for the holidays. With the help of her family and magical friends, Elena is learning to rule her kingdom with compassion and bravery. I love how Elena is not some weak little girl waiting for others to take care of her. She is ready to take charge and show the world what she is made of. This is the message I want my daughters to hear as they grow up. Looking back, I don’t remember any female animated characters that taught me to be strong and confident. Princesses were always waiting in the woods for a prince to save them. Princess Elena of Avalor breaks that stereotype as she shows young girls they can be great leaders too. This DVD comes with several epidsodes: First Day of Rule, Model Sister, All Heated Up, and Island of Youth as well as surprise gift. The wonderful storytelling, amazing adventures, and incredible animation won’t disappoint you. Go ahead and get your own copy of Disney’s ELENA OF AVALOR: READY TO RULE now on dvd.
If you are looking for a magical way to spend some time with your family, Disney’s The BFG: Big Friendly Giant is a great choice. Now on Blu-Ray, DVD, and Digital HD, The BFG is a wonderful story for all ages. I remember reading the novel written by Roald Dahl, author of other fantastic books such as Matilda, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and James and the Giant Peach. I vividly remember silently reading then laughing out loud at all of the BFG’s made-up vocabulary. Whizpopper was especially hilarious! The movie, directed by Steven Spielberg, is absolutely amazing. The way the giants are depicted and how they interact with the world is just how I imagined when I read the novel. The BFG has humor, suspense, and really tugs at the heart. The relationship between Sophie, played splendidly by Ruby Barnhill, and the BFG, played by Mark Rylance, is so special. Children who watch the film will wish that they too could have a giant friend to take them on adventures. The Blu-Ray bonus feature that I just loved was Bringing The BFG to Life. I am always mesmerized by behind-the-scenes footage. This bonus feature is hosted by Spohie herself, Ruby Barnhill. There are in-depth interviews with the cast and crew. Learning about how they scaled the sets was very interesting to me. As a 5th grade teacher, I would love to introduce this movie as well as the novel to my students. It is refreshing to have a classic story of friendship that is just timeless. Disney’s The BFG: Big Friendly Giant on Blu-Ray and DVD is definitely on the list for a family movie night at my school. Go ahead and get yourself a copy for the holidays. You and your family will have a great time watching together, and your children will go to bed in anticipation of the BFG blowing dreams into their windows.
With Walt Disney Animation Studios gearing up to release their latest animated adventure, Gallery Nucleus has shared more than 35 pieces from their upcoming show that celebrates the long Disney history of Moana directors Ron Clements and John Musker.
Please note, Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels can receive mail throughout their stay. Occasionally, some Guests choose to ship items in advance of their vacation to help save luggage space.
If you intend to receive mail during your vacation, you should be sure the letter or package:
- Includes the mailing address of your Disney Resort Hotel
- Clearly features the word “Guest” on the front and the date of your arrival
Please note that a $5 per package handling fee may apply to all packages that are received through the Front Desk or are delivered to your Disney Resort hotel room.